Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-16-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
I'm going to pick up a new cable board and I wanted to see if I could get some feedback or reviews on a few Slingers.

I'm considering the Slingshot Kine, Whip and Shredtown

Has anyone ridden any or all of these. How to they vary in stiffness etc.

It seems these companies need to start giving a flex rating on boards much like snowboards do.

SS makes so many different boards and many of their descriptions say basically the same things.... "Best board for boat or park", "most versatile board", "one board to do it all". They are not exactly making it easy to decide or differentiate.

Anyway I'm sure they all ride a little different so I was hoping to get some feedback.

Thanks!
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       01-16-2012, 4:02 PM Reply   
I rode the shredtown/ shred town boots a few weeks ago. It was surprised how stiff it was, compared to previous slingshots. I only rode it at the cable for a few laps, it wasn't the board for me. Landings were rather hard, but it edged well. However, I talk to people all the time that ride and love the board!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-16-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
All 2012 SS boards are really stiff. I've tried just about everything on the softness scale up to the Choice, which is supposed to be the softest, and all are significantly stiffer than my 2010 Recoil. They're really user-friendly and easy to adapt to, but they just aren't as fun as my old Recoil. It's disappointing. That said, they are a lot more durable.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-16-2012, 10:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. Did either of you get a chance to check out or ride the Whip? I have heard that is supposed to be a park specific board. Any truth to that?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-17-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
Nah, I've never even seen the Whip.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-17-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
I called into Slingshot and they were very helpful. I think I'm pulling the trigger on the 143 Shredtown. They said it's basically a hybrid between a Reflex and a Response. It has the Response's continuous rocker and the Reflex's Chined rails. Sounds pretty sick!

I already have an older Response that I like a lot. I am pretty sure I will be stoked on the Shredtown.

Thanks for the help!
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       01-18-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
Tommy, i'd second the suggestion of a flex rating (not that there would be much of a difference for their 2012 line other than the lyman)

Hebrew Hammer, i was very disappointed as well with the increased stiffness of the 2012 ss line (i've been riding the 2010 recoil too). In talking to the ss rep at the denver boat show this past weekend, he said that the main reason for the change was many of the team riders were asking for a stiffer, faster board. The whip is supposed to be their cable board but is geared more toward a stiff board for cable air tricks, not laying down dirty presses on the obstacles.