Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    brandon8            06-13-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of way to get a company to cover a boat in sponsor decals and stuff so that it would help cover the cost of a boat. I have tried everything....salvaged boats(cant find any) begged my dad, and i live in tacoma, WA and i have no idea who i would go into a boat with(split the cost of a boat three or more times) I love wakeboarding and i cant stand a summer not boarding. At the very least i will pay gas money to be a third within the area. I am mainly posting this to find out how other riders finance there love for the sport. Thanks.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-13-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
I highly suggest getting some newer, richer friends.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-13-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
Check out the "Find A Third/Be A Third" section.

-Steve
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-13-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
I highly suggest getting OLDER, richer friends.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-13-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Move to Florida!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Ya, lots of old people in Florida
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-13-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Go to school, get an education, start a career, buy a nice boat.
Old     (scotty_doo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
just steal one.....KIDDING!!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
I lived in Gig Harbor for four years of high school. You won't find many richer, more elitist communities anywhere. Lots of people have boats; you just have to find some snobby, spoiled kid to take advantage of.
Old    crash_vin            06-13-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
yep get rich friends , thats what i did
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-14-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Cliff was talking about having the MOB cover in a big Sobe vinyl sticker so Pepsi could pay for part of his boat.

I think your problem is you'll need a boat first so you can offer advertising space. Might work good if you don't mind you're boat cover with the name of someone's product.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Noti dad is right, you probably already have to have a boat or you have to have a credential like 5 time national champion. Just having boat alone is still probably not enough you probably still need some kind of credential so the sponsor has a reasonable expectation for positive exposure. If your going to solicit sponsors you’d have to build a business case, convince them that they’ll get something in return for their investment. If I knew how to do build a business case like that or if I had credentials I wouldn’t be making boat payments.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-14-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
The thirds I know ride more than any boat owner. You just have to learn to mooch correctly.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Frew ~ Do I "mooch correctly"?

Hey by the way..... what are you doing Saturday? hahaha
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-14-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
I might add that showing up at a local dock with obnoxiously large breasted women will more than likely result in you catching a ride that day and many more to come.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Hi Frew! Thanks again for the great day on the backwater!

Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-14-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
Instead of trying to get something for free. How about working for it? You see, if you get a job, usually they will pay you with money. Then you can save some money up and go out and buy your own boat.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-14-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Work, yes, yes I've heard of this thing you speak. Kiss a lot of ass, kick down gas $ and always clean up your mess and you will always be invited back. At 18 you can't be thinking of a scheme to get a boat with, I know it sounds fun but you are not in a position to think of such things.

Stay in school, get a good job, buy a house and then worry about toys. Take it from me, I'm obsessed with this sport but I will definately buy a house before I waste my $crilla on a boat. I just graduated college, have a good job and make decent money and still believe the best boat out there is the one I'm not making payments on(which is to say all of them).
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-14-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
"obnoxiously large breasted"

Is that even possible?