Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
Ok so i want to put some gator grip on my swim platform and also on the floor in the bow of my boat. How much will i need to get the job done. I have a 2000 moomba outback

Thanks guys
Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-12-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
how easy is this stuff to cut out in straight lines and stuff, tell me your experiences
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-13-2008, 3:33 AM Reply   
Great stuff, very comfy on the knees. I got great results on my platform.

No problem to cut and stick. The straight lines are easy with a sharp knife and straight edge to cut along. Use a jar, can, saucepan etc. to get the radius for corners.

What are the dimensions for your boarding platform? Standard sheets of Gator Grip are 28" x 60" or 48"x 60". Talk to Chris at www.wakejunky.com/ he'll sort you out.
Old     (moomba55)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-13-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
Matt- I have an 2004 Outback and just good finished doing my swim platform everything worked out great for me. I ordered the bigest sheet of gator grip and had plenty left over.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
Great stuff, easy to work with. Doing my swim platform as soon as it warms up a little. I've also got some on the tongue and fenders of the trailer.

To add to brutto's tips, if you can pull the old mat off the swim in one piece, use it as a template
Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-13-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
Do you think i could get away with the 28" by 60" on the swim platform? Its no longer than 28" out on a moomba is it?
Old     (moomba55)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-13-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
no it's not more than 28" out but it is more than 60" long.