Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-19-2011, 12:06 PM Reply   
Mine seized up today, was wondering if anyone had one they would like to possibly sell if they had any just laying around

Thanks, Chase
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-19-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
Mine locked up last summer and I just took it apart and some rust had got in there and I just used wd40 and a scotch brite pad and cleaned it up. Been working ever since. Took me about an hour. Super easy. At least give it a try before buying one. Nothing to lose.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-19-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
Yeah give that a swing. Mine seized up (I'm on my second one) and my buddy did that for me, it only worked for one day though. You have nothing to lose though so its worth a shot. If that doesn't work you can just call PP and get a new one for about $160.
Old     (hdultra)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-19-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
Give Tim at Inboard Solutions a call he might have one laying around not sure. He deals alot with zero off conversions so you never now, The number is 334-301-2729.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-20-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
thanks for the help!!

chase
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-20-2011, 2:12 PM Reply   
Mine seized up around 2006 or 2007. At PP's suggestion I took it apart, cleaned out the rust, remounted it so the shaft was not pointing upwards in an area that gets splashed fairly frequently while surfing, and it's been fine ever since.