Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       05-09-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
I had posted earlier inquiring into people's overall opinion on newer Supra V-Drives (btw, thanks to all that responded.) One thing I forgot to ask about is how people like that playpen (I think that's what it's called) seating that wraps around and goes through into the bow. Some input please, thanks alot
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-09-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
I might have bought the Supra if the playpen had been available in the Direct Drive. It was my wife's favorite feature of any boat we rode in.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
patrick, i was unsure at first but now that i have had it for over 2 years i simply think it is one of the best.

i was concerned about people stepping on it, but as long as there are no shoe no problems.
Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       05-09-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
What is it about the playpen that you like? BTW, can you quote and and on this particlular message board?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
well you have more room up front plus it makes for a additional seat by the observer. we use our flip up seat to block the wind when it is cold.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-09-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Sorry for the high jack but do the seats that go into the bow fold up so a person can sit next to the driver and have a back rest?
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
Yes, there are back to back flip up seats. One for the observer (next to driver) and one for the bow. Lets three peeps sit shoulder to shoulder up front.

I love the playpen. Gives more seating, hides the ballast...etc.

Only thing I don't like is it cuts off access to the driver's seat...so once your sitting it cool, but you swing around (or swivel) the playpen is right there....but you get used to that. And I'm tall so I might notice it more.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-09-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
Playpen bow is really nice, it gives you more room to spread out up front. The girls really like laying out up there there too.

I do agree with billthom though, it makes getting into the drivers seat a little tight. Espically if someone is sitting in that middle seat. The swivel drivers seat on the new boats should help with that though.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-09-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
It is tight by the driver seat but all the more excuse for others to do the work.(I can't get up very easy)
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-09-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
I was skeptical at first, but it's great. I would want the feature in a new boat.

It allows better seating in the bow. The forward pop-up backrest makes a great wind-break. The rear pop-up backrest creates another seating position in the cockpit -- and it faces the rear. But best of all, the playpen makes a large storage space that can hold a lot of gear or hide a 1200# sack completely out of the way.
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-09-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
I think it is great as well. People always want to put their legs up while cruising and this just gives more room to do that. Between the playpen and the huge sunpad there is plenty of room to lounge.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-09-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
I love it. It really has a great flow and they flip up seats are very nice. Only complaint that its more to clean but I do not mind that at all.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
ryan, the cleaning part i will agree with
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-09-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
IMO, I don't care for it much because I am a fan of the walk-through bow.
Old     (h2omantx)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-09-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
I love it. It is a great place to sit, ride or kick back and enjoy the sun.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
LOVE the playpen. At first, I was concerned about the shoe problem but "NO SHOES IN THE BOAT" rule seems to have fixed that. I like the flip-up seatbacks for the observer and middle bow passengers. I have an '04 so the drivers seat doesn't swivel so I don't worry about that issue.
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-09-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
I love the playpen as well for pretty much every reason already stated. The other thing I really like about it is the storage in the walk through area. I'm 6'2" and I can stand in it and it comes up to the middle of my thigh. You can fit a huge bag in there for ballast. I've also found that it's great for storing boards during transport. I think at one point I've had 2 kneeboards and 2 wakeboards in there at the same time with some room to spare.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-09-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
yeah love it... reasons for loving it are:
-can tuck a 1150lb bag under there and other stuff like garbage or vests and noone knows it is there
-both ends have seat backs that pop up and act as funtional seats
-allows you to close off the front and stash the kids or people that want to hide out
-just looks comfy
-storage, storage, storage.... i hate having crap sitting out in the boat and hate having ballast bags sitting around.... how many boats can you tuck 1150lbs+ in the front locker and keep it all hidden?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-10-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
Diggs is on point

Playpen is the perfect way to put 1150lb ballast bags.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-10-2007, 6:52 AM Reply   
I love the play pen as well. One major benefit that no one has mentioned yet is when you raise up both flip up seats you create a nice wind protected storage space in-between the two seats. I throw towels, hats, back packs, etc. in there. It's a great place to get that type of stuff stowed out of the way, but it's still easliy accessable when you need it.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-10-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
another vote for liking the playpen bow.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-10-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
Richard - I am with you there. My previous boat was the SSV with playpen and I love it. A great feature is when both flipup seats are up, you have an area to store dry stuff. Girls purses, backpacks towels, shirt, they are in one place, dry and easy to find.

The storage is nice below, but I ride in some dirty water and it was always nasty in there, so I would juat have the fat sack and a set of skis... (not for me) but it is a TON of storage room.

... overall thought so far seem to be very positive. I would never get a boat without a filler coushin upfront though - having a big "mattress" up there is just perfect.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-10-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
I just picked my boat up and I love the playpen. At first when I started looking at the Supra's I was not so sure, but the more I looked at them and now that I have my and seen the benefits mentioned above I wouldn't want anything different.
Old     (noboat)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-10-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Playpens with the snap-on cover makes a great place for the kids, or adults for that matter, to take a nap. You don't have to worry about too much sun and they are tucked out of the way. I got in trouble once for trying to put my son to sleep in the back locker. Better in cooler temps rather than 100+.