Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Just a post to brag about how Hyperlite surprised me. I purchased a well used set of Noise bindings for my wife from a friend of mine, of which one of them had trashed laces. I took the binding in to California Skier's ride shop with no expectations other than to potentially pay for the repair. They sent it back to Hyperlite and said they would probably fix it no problem in a couple of weeks.

I picked up a box with a brand new set of bindings on Saturday (2 weeks)at zero cost. I did not even pay for shipping.

I ride Hyperlite /Byerly stuff myself and have been very happy with the performance. I am now truly stoked on the company. There is no other company that I have ever done business with that has done something like this for me. I was not even the original buyer of the product.

Just a posting to show how the Hyperlite brand has been great to me.

Dean
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-19-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
thats all i rock...love it
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-19-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
Thanks for sharing. Their warranty department is awesome. They replaced a 2000 board with a 2005 current year model a couple of years ago with no questions asked and at no cost. It took about 2 weeks to get the new board.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Back in 02, my family bought our 2nd wakeboard- a lattitude. The board stained one of our boat cushoins. My pops called Hyperlite to talk to customer service and actually talked to Mr. Obrien. He offered to pay for the upholstry repair and sent us a complementary bag. In the time that it took my dad to find a reasonable quote, the board and bag had flown out of the boat on the way home from the lake. Mr Obrein offered to send a whole new board/ binding package instead of the small fee to bleach the vinyl. I still look at the barely visible green spot on the boat and think how cool Hyperlites service was.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       03-19-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
Dean how is the new Byerly board. Enough pop? fast? soft landings? compared to another board?
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-19-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
On that note of boards staining vynl, I had a mysterious purple stain on my vynl this summer, and later discovered some purple stained water sitting on the top of my board a little while after a set, do you think this could have come out of my bindings? I thought it very possible because they are black, but I just kind of dissmissed it...
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
I really like the board. The first thing is that it feels quite a bit slower than my other board (HL State 140). It feels fat and if I let off of my edge at all in my approach there is almost zero pop. It carves nice and does not necessarily feel "heavy" just slower. Takes a little getting used to.

Having said that, if I take a very progressive and aggressive edge, the pop is unbelievable. I am not all that great of a rider though with this board I have to make a concious effort not to push too hard on my release or else I get so much pop the landings get in my head.

Then to the landings, it lands a lot softer than my State and what's more, because the landings are softer, I feel as though I have a split second more to correct any "off" landings I have.

Overall I really like the board. The board is no doubt better than my riding ability warrants, though I have gotten better since I have had it.

If someone is looking for a board that pops and lands really well and are willing to take a more aggressive approach at the wake every time, this is the board for you.

One thing though, if it is left it the sun, the top of the board because of the coating, gets super hot. Learned that one the hard way.

Dean
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
The board I chose in 2002 was the byerly. I just bought the 07 byerly at the boat show and waiting to ride it- Side by side, they look very similar.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Let's not get too excited people - I have a pair of '04 Temets with a base plate that warped (the bindings rocked on any board they were mounted on). I got them back repaired (they're better, but still rock slightly) with a mess of glue all over the bottom where they put new foam. Then, my BOA (which they repaired as well) broke the first ride out (which I've never had problems with before). For two seasons of riding, I'm not that impressed with how these bindings held up - nor with the repair job they got.

HL has gotten too big for me...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-19-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
Who let Debbie Downer come to the party?! They didn't warranty your stuff because they knew you were switching to Ronix anyway.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   

Must've been it. Actually, in talking with WSA folks, their pro-shop said to not even try to send them in because their customer support has really changed over the past year. He noted that things that used to be covered are no longer replaced - it was costing them too much $$$ to provide that level of support anymore. I ignored his advice and took them to S&S to send them in...

So... yeah, yeah, yeah. Go ahead and ride HL. Who's gonna be talking to Herb on the phone now, though????
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       03-19-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Do you get alot more pop than your old state? Is the board heavy or light? You say you need a agressive approuch than is pops the best?
Old    mendo247            03-19-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
nice to see a positive post!! glad hyperlite took care of you!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Good deal. I think these board companies really believe in this sport to continue to support their product the way they do. I just got positive things to say about Ronix as well. Glad to know that Hyperlite backs their product too. I have several Hyperlite boards...all that I still use. Good info Dean. Thanks!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-19-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever had a Hype board replaced with the same year board even after a new model was out... I completely tore the core outta my 05 roam and I just got my warrantied one and its an 05 also. I didnt think they had that many in stock 2 years later!! Im not complaining awesome warranty work but i was hoping for atleast an 06.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
I dont know about Hyperlite as much anymore.. I have an 03 byerly dna that is cracking, from just straight riding, no sliders or anything. I tried to send it in to get them to look at it, they wouldnt even let the board shop I took it to send it too them..

I was very dissapointed with them :-(

(Message edited by lyle on March 20, 2007)
Old     (shredthegnar)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-20-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
good to hear about companies backing their product.

kind of off topic, but, Burton's warranty program, w48, is the best out of any company that i have ever experienced. They willl ship you free parts, and if you ship them any gear that is flawed, even if an emblem is falling off or something, they will return it reparied, or brand new in 48 hours or less.

last season, i got board, boots, and bindings for free due to minor, minor, flaws.