Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    lucky            09-16-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
What is the wakeboard scene like in CO. My wife is interviewing for a nice position in Colorado Springs. The firm also has an office in Boulder and Denver. If she were to get an offer would it be worthwhile to bring the boat, or is it better just to pick up new hobbies.
Old    swass            09-16-2003, 12:00 PM Reply   
There's no such thing as a nice position in the Springs. The Springs trumps "nice."

It'll be nothing like you're used to, that's for sure. What we call a "lake," you'd call a "puddle." Public lakes are crowded on weekends, and private lakes are expensive and scarce.

If she opts for the Springs, the closest "large" body of water will be Pueblo Reservoir (45 min. south). If she goes for Denver or Boulder, you will have more choices, but so will 1.2 million others.

With that said, I'd bring the boat AND find new hobbies.
Old    lucky            09-16-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. The mountains and a winter are a benfit.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
Don't listen to him Denver blows... Colo Springs is a great town Pueblo isn't that bad but with the drought the water level is way down. We still board every weekend. Just gotta hit the water early before those PWC get out there.
Old    leggester            09-16-2003, 12:28 PM Reply   
Sounds like an IBM interview:-)

I'd stay away from Boulder ( personal preference against Granola ) But North Metro should do ya fine.

I prefer the south side - I like Yuppies, but other than that, What swass said.
Old    lucky            09-16-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
Not IBM, but we are excited about the prospect. It took me 25 years to get my parents to buy a lake house and now we are considering moving. Even if we can't wakeboard a lot we are excited about the mountains. The biggest hill around here is the land fill.
Old    swass            09-16-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
...and cops in the Springs are on the take, but I don't think Greg is interested in the merits of our respective cities.

Mark, if you see a white F250 racin' through town while towin' a tan Malibu, please look the other way.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Im impounding that bad boy...remember we are on take and that rig will supplement my retirement
Old    swass            09-16-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
Do you prefer small, non-sequential bills?
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2003, 1:17 PM Reply   
...And your license plate was on the picture with your rig... now i gotcha just kiddin but if I was you I would black that out and re-post your pic...Safety first my friend