Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (jpwakejp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
I have a DD centurion sport bowrider... the other day i saw another ski bout and stopped to glance at it... i noticed the ski pylon was tight and did not turn or come out. Mine on the other hand can come out and twist around and is never tight. Is it supposed to be like this?
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-14-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
The three boats I have had the ski pylon was always very rigid. Bent in one case, but still rigid.
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-14-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Do you still use it ?
Old     (jpwakejp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
yes i use mine... little loose but once a tug is on it... stays nicely.. plus i use the fly high extension so it puts stress on it... just when i saw one that was stuck i thought twice about mine... ive never boarded from one before... only towers.. there is a little shake but the guy before me used it to salom ski and i think that provides more torque then boarding... so i guess its ok.. just wondered wut everyone elses was like. thanks alot
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-14-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
IT is not OK I would not use the tow bar until you tighten the pylon! Open the Engine cover look up by the pylon and you should find a u bolt and 2 set screws.... tighten them.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-14-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
A wakeboarder might exert less pull on the rope but with a pylon extension the leverage against the mount will be MUCH greater!

If it loosens up to the point that it rips off it will be a major hazard to anyone sitting in the back and you could easily lose the pylon and extension. You will me much better off to fix it before that happens.....
Old     (jpwakejp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
i was unaware of the u bolt under it.... i have not got out to the storage to see it but i will look tomorrow when i pick it up.... i thought it was unsafe but wasnt sure if it was ok as is. thanks alot for the input.... i will tighten that sucker down
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-14-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Mine was loose in my MC205, a 3/4" socket tightened up the two U-bolts like a charm. Get that sucker tight, right now its a safety hazzard.