Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
2004 Moomba Outback. I've put the fly high lounge sacks (box description - 540lb per sack)on either side of the engine and a fly high in the front of the boat (box description 400lb). Makes a decent size wake, but when we leave the front sack out - it looks about the same, maybe even a little bigger? Whats up with that?
Rope feels short too. More weight more rope? I think we are running 65' of rope. I've added extensions but it doesnt feel right either. Maybe its just that Im always riding different boats, and weight set-ups.
So any way - is it safe to assume more weight, more rope?
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
If your outback is a straight drive than I would take out the back seat and put at least a 500 pounder in the back. then either two side sacs next to the engine on both sides or just one up in the bow but not a 400 pounder maybe fill it halfway with only 200 pounds. i ride a 70 foot rope with a 5 foot extension that has the handle on it. this is a very textbook rope length. just charge harder and ride at about 21-22 mph. I don't really know you gotta play it by ear. you have plenty enough weight don't add more just better balance it out and maybe increase your speed
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
Yeah, its a straight drive. I'll try to stick the 400 in the back and both sacks on the sides. That should work sort of like you described. For some reason this brand new moombas speedo does not work when its weighted down so Im just goin by feel. Sort of tough. Thanx for the info...
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-05-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
Get your speedos fixed. Can't get a consistent pull without them.

No speedos = crappy pull
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
Tell me about it. They are working now. I dont know why, but his new Moomba seems to have a couple of bugs electrically. Stereo messed up, speedo quit working, and the ignition wire fell off in the middle of the ocean - not fun.
He took it back to the shop and got it all fixed.
The arrangement Ringo talked about worked GREAT!! I set the sacks up and when we did a test run we just watched the wake get bigger and bigger - it turns out that Moomba throws off a great wake when properly weighted.
The boat rides better now and the wake is nice - thanx man!
Old    absolutofft            08-05-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Just make sure you fill your side sacs to their absolute capacity. This makes a huge difference when you're getting your boat on plane because none of the water rushes to the back of the sac.
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
I also have a 04 outback, i run a fat seat(rated at 800-1200) in the back and 2 fat buddies on each side(300pds a piece) . Ive noticed with thost totally full, i need about 5 or 6 ppl with me. If only 2 or 3 i need another 500lbs somewhere in the boat.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
We typically ride with 4-5 so it looks good back there. The more weight the better though.
We fill the sacks as full as we can get them. The fly high lounge sacks are really comfortable when they are full. Great place to sit / "lounge" and watch the action...