Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-26-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
not sure how many of you are out there in WW land. I know of a few, but not too many. anyways, was wondering where all of you shop for your wake goodies.
if you had an option in Ventura, where there was some knowledgeable staff, a good amount of gear, and competitive prices, would you shop there? let me know, as I am working on something.

thanks,

Thomas
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-26-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Ummm well theres a couple.

Tillys Marine, which is all Hyperlite and they usually got some good vid.'s

Sport Chalet (I know) they got some CWB and Hyperlite and most of the guys there know there stuff. But i dont think they have a lot

Then if you wana travel a bit, in Woodland hills there is a spot called Sports LTD which carries a good amount of gear when in session and they all know there stuff.

Where u ride at?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-26-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
I know about those places. just not too many knowledgable people.(aside from Ltd. I just hate driving to the valley) plus, I am not a big fan of supporting "big box" type of businesses like sport chalet. the people at Tillys are great, but they dont carry much of anything, and they never have anyone that knows anything working the pro shop area.
I usually ride at Piru, for the early am sesh.
I am trying to gauge interest for some place in Ventura to shop.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-26-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
My wife and I are from ventura. We ride at BV and piru. As for shops I think they are all pretty lame!!!!! A bunch of kooks at those shops imo. If you ever want a pull hit me up just bring some cash for gas.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-26-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
Spin - do you still live in ventura? if so, would you buy your gear from a reputable shop in town?
and thanks for the offer for a pull. I am sure I will be hitting you up sometime. I am selling my boat in June.
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
ebay.com pretty sweet website..
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
i live in ventura
Old     (kopp210)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-26-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
I went to Sports LTD last weekend and was not dissapointed. They knew their stuff and where extremely helpful even though I arrived 5 mins to close on a friday night.
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-26-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Sports LTD, good people.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-26-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
I know they are good people. I just don't like to drive to the valley if I dont have to. does anyone in ventura county prefer to stay in the county to shop for wake gear?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-27-2007, 5:30 AM Reply   
ttrigo, sounds like you need to open a wakeshop in Ventura to accommodate those people.
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-27-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
The problem is with ventura is there are not that many good riders. I have lived there my whole life and the only great riders that I have ridden with are jason callen and c. williams. THe demand for top of the line boards is not there. the lakes suck and they are way to over crowded. However, I would LOVE to see Chuck Sacks open up a MC dealer up here, b/c aside from the crappy lakes there is a lot of money and only the biggest malibu queer tilly selling boats. If anyone wants mto make some cash open up a CC or MC dealer.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-27-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
"the biggest malibu queer tilly selling boats"
not sure what you mean by this comment???

I disagree with what you say about there being not that many good riders though. I have seen quite a few good riders out at Piru in the early am. we might not have the high number of good riders, due to our lack of decent lakes nearby, but we do alright. (not that I am one of them. I just enjoy riding) I would definitely like to see some growth in our area though. I think the riders in our area tend to stick to our own little cliques, unlike some other regions. I think if this attitude changed, the riding would get better in our area.
opening a reputable board shop in the area could only help things.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-27-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
nah, there isnt a demand for that. i lived there a couple months back for a couple years and there really isnt a demand. There are some local riders, some are not bad but mainly there just isnt enough people to open anoth shop like that. But thats only my opinion.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-27-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
thanks for your opinion Travis. I appreciate it. I am kinda thinking the same thing, but am going to keep after it, and see if things change in the next year or so.
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-27-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
the only way that we (ventura)will get any good riders is if PIRU opens the back cove up for memberships. Just like castaic. Piru has an incredible cove that is blocked off. Then and maybe then will there be a need for a "core" shop
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-27-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
I use to be a rep in cali I know what sells there. PACKAGES PACKAGES PACKAGES . One size that fits alllllllll.
"sure this 141 will be great for your kid. THese mobes will fit everyone"
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-27-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
Thats soo ture
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-27-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
true*
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-27-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
I have brought that up many, many times to them. they always shoot me down. there used to be a ski club back there, in the 80's/early 90's. not sure what happened with it.
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-27-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
funding...I think we all shouold present a proposal to them. I think it can generate money for the lake
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-27-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
I just left a message, and sent an email to someone out there about it. hopefully they will get back to me.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-09-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
just spoke with one of the rangers at Piru this morning. apparently I am not the only one looking to get the ski cove going again. he is going to get the other guy (who has shown interest for a couple of years) in touch with me, and hopefully we can get a proposal together to get it going. if it works out, hopefully the water level will cooperate.
If anyone else is interested in helping out with this, shoot me an email.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-09-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Thomas I can come up with a business proposal to present to them and how it will put money into there pockets. I am pretty good at presenting materials. If you guys end up meeting let me know. I even think that we can get some sponsors out there as well. Hit me up
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-09-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
Spin-
that would be cool. we should definitely try and meet up at the lake sometime in the next few weeks, and talk about this. I am going to be out tomorrow in the AM, so if you are out there, come say hi.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       03-09-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
I'd shop there... Assuming I still live there when/if all of this takes place. However, I agree with Travis, about the demand... I think it'd be a risky move. However, I know a lot of people, in the area, that are really wanting to start wakeboarding.

By the way... I was on Point Mugu base the other day, and noticed a SUV with Hyperlite and Ronix stickers, and Hawaii license plates. Officer type, was that any of you?

-Blake