Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
I seem to have lost the size to my wake now that I have changed the weight around a bit, and I cant quite remember what worked best for me last season....

So let me ask, what gives the most size to a flatbottom boat? Weighting the nose to drop that little bit of V down? Or Dropping the flat ass of the boat? Or maybe the side weight?

Id love to hear from people with experience playing around with not just direct drives, but flat bottom direct drives (ie, not nautiques!)

More like older centurions, supras, and malibus. Thanks!

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-26-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
I ride behind a 99 malibu sportster. I have the wedge for rear weight. Two full size fat sacks on either side of the motor cover and at least 600 lbs of lead under the bow. It puts up a nice size wake that I really like but you are not going to be able to get the size of a v-drive wake. Some of the older tournament boats don't have very much horsepower so if you stuff them full of weight you may have some power problems
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-26-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
Mike i think you got your weight right you just need more of it.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
I know all this bailey but thanks, and scot yes I agree......

Im hoping somebody who knows the physics of it will explain what works best for what I specifically asked.

Personally I felt that last year When I was front heavy it got the V down and gave it more size, but hopefully somebody will answer.

BTW I run 440 up front, 500 in the rear, and I use to run full side sacs but now I only have 100 pounds on each side of the motor.