Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (jswake18)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-24-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
i said tower speakers on the thread before this i dont know what i was thinking the reas question is

i am buying light towers for my 2004 vlx i dunno what looks good and works good does anyonw have recomondations, i have a black boat with black tower also what watts do you need so it is bright enough to ride at night, is i was to go with a 4/2 system i would probly want the 4 part facing the back where i wakeboard correct hit me up with any info
thanks

justin

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-25-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Trying to wakeboard at nite sucks IMO. Most of tthe guys I know who have lights rarley use them. ther more for show than anythng else. Ther are nice for docking at nite, and cleaning up at dusk. they also work ok for wakesurfing at dusk. In some states its illegal to ride/surf after dark. To answer your question I think they are 55w lights, they are bright
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-26-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
These are nice. I hope to be getting them for my new Bu.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/skylon_wakeboard_tower_lights/skylon_skylight_bar_mini
Old     (jswake18)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-31-2004, 6:47 PM Reply   
thanks i like the ones that are above the tower but i dont know where to get them from if any one knows please post
thanks
Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-01-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
Justin, I've tried to e-mail you a couple of times but somethings going on with my computer.Anyway I still have the lights but no camera to take pics.You can check liquidaudiosounds.com for new pics.Since I cant get you actual pictures I'll give your money back if you are not satisfied when you get them.Let me know,Thanks
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-13-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
We have the Fusions. They looks real nice b/c they are all in-line and level. Think it looks real sleek on the top of the tower.

I wouldn't try to board at night b/c the lights would just simply blind you, just like everyone on the dock when I dock at night. The lights are extremely helpful when it comes to docking at night though.

This is what it looks like on my rig...
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-14-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
Justin, check out the Titan's on Wakeside.com. They are black, which matches your tower, and they are also top-mount like you mentioned. The Skylon also has a nice setup worth checking out.

Check em out.... WAKESIDE.COM
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-14-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
Saw the Fusions at the ATL boat show, they looked really good. NVS1/Duane is coming out with some, as are we and I would guess others focused on bringing the prices in line.

He and I were talking about that tonight. The price of lights are totally INSANE. OEM pricing on the lights are like $10-25/pair, their is such little work in them yet they are SO expensive.

With speakers you have really high cost of audio compenents and a ton more aluminum machining and finishing yet they are really close in price???

I feel better now