Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jbradshaw84)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-07-2015, 6:36 AM Reply   
So I've got a 2014 Supra SA 350. It has 66 hours on it and I plan on trading it in or selling it in the future to get a newer model. When do y'all feel is the optimal time to trade in or sell to see the least amount of financial fallout?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-07-2015, 6:38 AM Reply   
I would always try and sell before 4th of July. Seems to bring best return. Just my opinion though. Good luck.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2015, 6:54 AM Reply   
The best thing for you to do is go to your local dealer and spec out a new rig, with the understanding that you will order once your current boat sells. Ask if the dealer will facilitate a buy through on your existing boat (allow you to line up a buyer for your boat, then trade it in for the agreed upon sale price, and have the dealer immediately sell your trade to the buyer you found (dealer usually gets a doc fee for the trouble, plus the profit on your new boat order). This can help you maximize the value of your trade and help keep a trade-in tax allowance.

Oh, and advertise on www.onlyinboards.com. I've had great success with Ian's site.

Last edited by chattwake; 07-07-2015 at 8:14 AM.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-07-2015, 7:13 AM Reply   
Thanks Chatt!
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-07-2015, 7:15 AM Reply   
Chatt is dead on with that strategy. You looking at the new 2016 SA?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-07-2015, 8:26 AM Reply   
+1 for Only inboards

Also I would agree with others, depends on your climate, but usually Spring / Early summer is the time to get top dollar.... around here going into winter hurts the value a bit.