Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-18-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
I have a hatred for MN that runs decades deep. With Favre now playing for them...it has grown so strong I have lost weight.

Yesterday was the first time I have cheered for the Vikings...ever. Next week will be the second time I will cheer for them.
Why you ask? Because I want them to lose the SuperBowl as that will hurt far worse than any playoff game. No-one remembers second place.
Have I mentioned I hate the Vikings?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
Think fans need to get off Romo and on the Dallas O-Line and game plan for stopping the Vikings front four....

With the pressure Minnesota was getting on the QB, 6 sacks and God knows how many hits, what exactly do you think Manning, Montana, Elway...bla..bla..bla....would be doing?

22/35 198 with 1 int is not exactly terrible.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-18-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
I'd agree with that statement. I think its been 12-15 years since ive seen our O-line dominated like that. Our big boys up front have always been tough. Flo going down early didnt help thats for sure.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-18-2010, 5:14 PM Reply   
ahh this is too funny...people complaining about a quarterback throwing a touchdown pass with 2 minutes left, and calling him classless.

maybe the blame should be put on Shianco for catching the pass. he should have just dropped it, and the score would have only had 27 points. Shianco's classless.

we could also blame it on the O-Line. if they would have missed their blocks, Favre would never had time to throw a good pass (well, maybe OR maybe he still woulda slung it in there). the entire O-Line is classless.

for this situation, i find it hard to call one man classess, when the play consisted of 11 guys on the field, and a head coach/offensive coordinator that could have sent in the field goal team, OR they could have sent in the personnel for just taking a knee.
Old    bigdtx            01-18-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
Well...

Grandpa got off the rascal and proceed to kick some ass.

I didn't think the Vikings were that good - I guess the Cowboys didn't either. I'll be rooting for the Vikes the rest of the way.
Old    bigdtx            01-18-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
The "classless" crap is a joke - there's this part of the game called Defense - get familiar with it.

I like Brooking but he needs to check himself and take his ass kicking with the humility their performance earned.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-19-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
Cowboys were calling timeouts earlier to stop the clock. No reason for the Vikes to lay down if the defense is still trying.

It is more than football smarts thats motivating Jerry to keep Wade. Wade has a 1 year extension that Jerry will likely take, as opposed to a new contract. As it sits, it is highly likely that the 2011 season gets cancelled with pay. So if Wade's ext runs out in 2010, then Jerry doesnt have to pay a coaches salary for the 2011 lockout.

That game rests at the feet of Jason Garrett. His job is to keep the offense evolving and showing adjustment each week. He brought nothing that wasnt scouted the previous 3 weeks. Misdirection only works for one or two games before the rest of the league is waiting for it. Are we really going to go against the Vikes trying delayed handoffs and bubble screens after having so much success with them the past 3 weeks? You dont think they may have watched the film? If your going to hang your hat on misdirection, it has to be adjusted every week.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-19-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
I'm a die hard Vikings fan and they simply outplayed the Cowboys... It will be a good game next week and I hope the Vikings come out on top. I think a lot of people have been waiting for this game all season. As for the touchdown, who cares, whaaaa. I think it was a better catch than throw so blame it on Shainco. GO VIKES!!!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-19-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
I was a little surprised the Vikings threw for a td, but I was laughing hard when the Cowboys were down by 14 and their d-back was still talking total smack. Was I the only one who saw that? I was happy to see them throw again, just because of that jag off. Constantly yapping his mouth, mean while they're losing.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-19-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
i noticed A LOT of jaw jackin'. i know it was happening on both teams, but the ones that really stuck out were the Dallas d-backs, and then Marian Barber always doing/saying something after a 4 yd run.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-19-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Jason hit the nail on the head. ya gotta stick with the run to the extent that play action can be effective. If homo is getting creamed all game ya gotta give the o line some help back there.

That pic was classic Romo. The excuses above make it that much worse. If you don't have line of sight you don't loft up a pop warner pass and hope the receiver is there.
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-19-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
I loved the fact that most cowboys players would get up and start dancing after every 5 yard gain or big tackle when down by 14+. Seriously, shut up and get back to the huddle. Maybe someone should remind you...you're getting stomped on!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-19-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
"I loved the fact that most cowboys players would get up and start dancing after every 5 yard gain or big tackle when down by 14+."

that must have been the first football game you have ever seen. pretty certain most all football players act like idiots when they do their jobs. thank goodness the NFL has some players like Larry Fitzgerald. he still acts like he has been there before every time out.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-19-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
^ another thing I HATE HATE is when a play throws the ball/drops it right in front of the ref... it should be a 5 yard call for not handing the ball to the ref... that is classless IMO
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-19-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
No doubt it happens in every game, way too much. It was just the sheer frequency the Cowboys were doing it was so annoying, but maybe that's because I'm a vikings fan. I can't imagine how many pointless dances we would've witnessed if the Vikes D wasn't all over them. Maybe after a big 1st down or 3rd down stop, but on run to make it 3rd and 5, really?? Hey look everybody...I'm a cowboy... and just got us 5 yards closer to field goal range!!

It's like that Seattle WR who scored on MN late in the game, down by 28+ points, and starts acting a fool like he just tied the game or some----, classic! I just remember thinking..."did that just happen? What a d-bag!"

Couldn't agree more - act like you've been there.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-25-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
Just as I predicted... Karma was served. Favre looked like he had been in a brawl after the game. He got the crap beat out of him from the first play on. It was obivously part of their game plan to beat him up. I enjoyed it lol
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-25-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
He sure did gewt worked.
In his defense I don't know many 40 year olds that can take that beating and keep getting up
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-25-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
My wife who knows absolutely zero about football asked me why those big guys were letting number 4 get beat up every play. Here's to hoping they do the same thing to Peyton Manning.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-25-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
I love it! all the moron had to do was throw the ball away, run out of bounds, or call a running play and call a timeout. they do that, and Minny is in the super bowl. obviously not guaranteed if you look at the field goal kicking this post season, but still. classic favre. I will no longer remember him as one of the greatest qb's ever. I will remember him as the qb who tossed aside winning to try and be a hero at the end of the game. classic.

sb should be a classic game. I can't wait.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-25-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
^^^ I don't think that's what you're going to remember him as. I think you're going to remember him for what he does this off-season, because you KNOW he's gonna be ridiculous and go back and forth about playing another year.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-25-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Should have never had to throw. Who's fault is it for 12 men in the huddle? After a timeout.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
Remember without Favre Minn would have never been in this game. Yes Favre screwed up on that one play but this is a team sport so what about the 6 fumbles, 3 Missed interception opportunity’s, 12 Men on the Field, not protecting Your QB (he got knocked down over 15 times)There was many more mistakes that just one bad pass.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-25-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
sure it is a team sport. too bad favre does not realize that. if he had, he would not have tried to force a worthless completion that effectively ended their season. much like his last couple of postseason appearances.

true that Ben!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
train, you seem to have forgotten the fact that they were penalized for having 12 men on the field that put them out of field goal range. hence the pass play on 3rd down.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-25-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
The vikings would have never made the playoffs if it wasnt for Brett Favre. I think the vikings did good this year to get as far as they did.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-25-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
joe,

they "believed" they needed a few more yards to get within Longwells range. given the fact that favre could have picked up a handful more yards with his feet, but decided to do his "patented" throw across his body across the field pass, it led to another favre blown game. either way I am happy about it. couldn't happen to a better person.

keep in mind, if I had a vote, I would have voted for him for MVP this year. he had a great season and the vikes would not have been in that position with Sage at the helm this year.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-25-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
Everyone was waiting for the old Favre to return and did he ever! That game was really ugly, penalties, fumbles, 12 men in the huddle? When have you ever seen that? Vikes totally blew it toward the end.
I still am going with Manning as MVP. Favre played great this season but I think the Vikes would have still made the playoffs without him, not so sure about Indy.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-26-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
Ahhh meat head football fans...

http://deadspin.com/5456637/a-more-visceral-profane-reaction-to-favres-interception?autoplay=true

turn down the volume if at work.