Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-05-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about getting one of these to help maneuver the boat into a tight location.
http://www.powermoverinc.net/

Questions for people who have used them:

Has anyone tried lifting one in and out of the back your truck when you go to your storage lot? They look like they're pretty heavy.

Has anyone tried to plug the AC model into their car cigarrette lighter plug using one of those power inverters that turns DC into AC? Would that draw too much juice and break the inverter or something?
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Why go through so much trouble when you can get a front hitch and you'll be all set. If you have one of the Big 3 trucks/SUV, for about $150, you can put in a front hitch yourself and you're using the power of your vehicle to move the boat around.

You can move the boat in extremely tight location and it's as easy as driving your vehicle.

The test is if you can back your truck/SUV into that spot, you can push your boat in with the front hitch.
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-05-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Dude, the thing is a tank...two guys could lift it without hurting yourselves. I love it, but doesn't sound like you have power at your storage facility...not sure about the 12v man, don't think it would work though, sorry.
I wouldn't want a hitch on the front of my truck, but I suppose its a good option. Another more practical and cheaper option is get a super long receiver/hitch made up. When I used to instruct we used a receiver that was about 3' long and you could put the boat where ever you wanted it, just a thought...not exactly 100% sure what your application is.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-05-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
describe the location... is it flat? paved? If you have not seen the wheel casters that fit under your wheels they make moving your boat around simple...
basically jack up the axle and you slip the caster things under the tires and you have freedom to move it around....
of course you would need a flat paved area..
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-05-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
http://www.eztug.com/secondlevels/video.shtml
That's another one.
http://www.powercaster.com/Products.html
and one more.
I've never used one. My neighbor has a front hitch on his Dodge and it works really well.

You just don't want one with too little power.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=KWE5e_H47MI
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-06-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Kvoman is right, front trailer hitch is the way to go. I was looking into the powermover as well but kvoman changed my mind. I intstalled it yesterday. Too the boat over to our new home and it was so easy to move around it wasnt funny. I wish I had gotten on sooner. Plus you will be saving a lot of money.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-06-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I like the idea of an ez tug. Is there anyone that is made for a heavier boat. A front hitch takes more time to turn the truck around swap hitches and hook back up. Plus the fact that the brakes will automaticlly lock up.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-06-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
I've used 'em all.....

Check out the Power Hitch at www.powerwheel-usa.com
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-06-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Note, the EZ Tug has a trailer weight limitation of a total of 3,000 lbs, which includes the weight of the EZ Tug itself. I don't know of any wakeboard boats that are anywhere near that light.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-06-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
front hitch... hadn't thought of that. Who puts those on?
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-06-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
You can install it yourself.

My '04 Titan and my neighbor's '04 Tahoe Z71. RodE just installed one on his Tahoe also.

Upload

(Message edited by kvoman on November 06, 2008)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2008, 11:53 PM Reply   
i have one and love it. great for getting the boat into a tight spot (you can move the boat sideways if needed - pretty amazing) it isnt that heavy imo.

the power thing would be a concern- call them up and ask.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Get a cheep generator I like Honda but I use mine alot
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
You can make your ownUpload
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-07-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
https://bodiaknet.powweb.com/store/catalog/
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-08-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
I have one as well and it works great. The front hitch would never work for me as I have a very tight turn to make that my truck can't make without the boat. Its pretty heavy but I can lift mine in and out of my lifted truck by myself. It really came in handy at the spanky beaver rail jam . We put the Epic in the pool area and there was no way my truck could fit through two trees and a narrrow gate. I used a Honda generator to run it at the rail jam and it worked fine. Without one there would be no way I could park my boat in my garage at home.One of the best investments I have made.