Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-12-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I have a 2003 x-30 and the stock cover from commercial sewing is starting to fall apart. I was going to order the same because it goes on and off and stores easy. I searched and found that many here use rankin or evolution covers. Can anyone here tell me how their covers are holding up after 4-5 years?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
rankin and evolution covers are great. i had a evolution for my old supra ssv. they are expensive.

have you checked skiboatcover.com
good quality cover and a much better price.
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-12-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
My Rankin cover has been good so far about 7 years.
It has held up to Seals, Sea Gul Crap, Seattle Rain, River Otters, Bald Eagle
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
Brett, have you checked with MC? We have an 05 X-45 and the same thing has happened and they are replacing it.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-16-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
I have had an Evolution for 3 years now. The boat, with cover sits outside all year long thru 100+ degree weather, ice, sleet, hail, below freezing cold, etc., and it still looks brand new. It is black and has not faded at all. I would highly recommend Evolution (and Corey is great to deal with). Pricey, but well worth it.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
Check out Overton's. Their Sharkskin covers were pretty cheap and were good quality. At their prices you could probably buy 2 or 3 for the price of the more expensive covers.

I would have kept mine, but I had a goofy tower and it wouldn't fit.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
I have a 2 or 3 yr old Rankin & it's great. But I hear their customer service blows these days. So check out Evolution.

Any local upholstery shop can make you a cover. The bottom line is get one made of Sunbrella. It's breathable so when you put the boat away wet, it still dries out without mold & mildew growing all over under it.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on September 17, 2008)