Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
I have the Wetsounds pro 80s and the Hifonics txi 6406 amp bridged to two channels pushing about 340 watts per speaker. But I have turned the gain down less than half way so that each speaker is only seeing 170 watts rms each. For some reason, after playing for a few minutes the speakers start to muffle. I have checked all the conections and all are solid. Can anyone help?
Old     (wetsoundspro)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-05-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Leo,

I sent you a PM.

Dale
Wet Sounds
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Mine do the same thing. Ive already sent them back to wetsounds and they tested them and sent them back. I bought a brand new Zapco 360.4, rewired my tower with 14 gauge wire, bypassed my head unit and they still do it. I run 4 gauge power and ground to the amps with blue top batteries. I dont know what else to do.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
Sounds like a product issue?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   

quote:

I don't know what else to do.

Steve,NVS???

J/K..
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Im not giving up just yet.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
Sounds like an attenuation circuit in the cross-overs to protect the horns against damage from clipping.

I'd be curious to know what Dale's PM read...
Old     (wetsoundspro)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-05-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Leo,

Let me first say that we truly pride ourselves on customer service so please contact us during the week so that we can walk through in more detail with you to figure out a solution.

For all,

Our products are designed with first rate engineering equipment teamed up with quality designers. Every product is QC'd and tested to meet the standard of the first production model. Moreover, they are designed to meet ASTM standards for a marine environment. Our quality control on our products is exceptional meeting industry standards, such as ISO9001 certification. Please understand I am not trying to blow smoke. I am just simply trying to illustrate the meticulous thought process that went into the original design and that goes into our production runs daily.

We don't take any incidents or issues lightly. We will address them with the theory of Wet Sounds is guilty until proven innocent...meaning we assume the worst if there is a problem and the objective is for the R&D team to prove otherwise.

As an example, Steve contacted us with his challenge. We got the set back to us and put them through a grueling test using commercial grade amplification with 600 watts of potentially power going to each housing. We ran them at high volumes for very long periods of time...the output from the amps put the 80's in a state of reproduction that most 12-volt "car" amplifiers cannot achieve. If a problem exists within the product it would reveal itself during that test. Now, along with that test we check every internal component from the crossover circuit board to the speakers themselves. Bottom line, we could not get them to do what Steve was experiencing. They worked and sounded exactly like we designed them for.

Outside of Steve's issue, we have not had to deal with any product problems that Leo is describing. In fact, out of the hundreds that are in the market place already, Steve's was the first to contact us with a problem that immediately prompted us to test them in person. It was the first and only pair shipped back to us for testing.

Simply put, we will take care of any defective problems that exist within the product. Each product sold comes with a one year warranty. We want happy customers. We will do what it takes to see to it.

Steve,

Contact me again so I can get the latest update from you. Hopefully you tried some of ideas that we discussed?

(Message edited by wetsoundspro on August 05, 2006)

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
I am running 8 gauge power rockford fosgate power cables. I didn't think 4 guage would be necessary for that small of wattage. Also, I am using 12 gauge wire on the tower, the same wire that Wetsounds uses inside of the speaker. I have been checking everything 5-6 times to make sure it isn't a wiring issue. Do you really think it is a speaker issue, my first guess is the amp? But it was doing the same thing with my audiobahn amp, that is why I made the upgrade to a more powerful hifonics amp. It is really annoying when you have a good set going and your listening to your favorite music, then all of a sudden it dissappears. I trust that the guys at wetsounds will help me out.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2006, 11:46 PM Reply   
Wetsounds has some of the best customer service I have had. I know together well figure it out.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2006, 1:00 AM Reply   
I cant say any thing bad about Wetsounds their speakers rock. Texas INT has been useing a set for the P.A system all season and they sound great music or talking. Dale and the whole crew at Wetsounds are stand up guys.I am fully confident they will make it right

(Message edited by whitie on August 06, 2006)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
I also have bought a pair of Pro 80's and can say they are the best speakers I have heard. I have had people come up to me at the lake and say dude your set up is the best Ive heard.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-06-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the that my ipod was getting dripped on by the boards in the rack on my driver's side of the boat. Of course my boat speakers also started to sound funky at the same time too... My wetsounds have been sounding great and I run them hard with 400 watts per pod (pro 485s).
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
Nice post Ed.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-06-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Now it sounds more like a power issue. By Steves' description, it sounds like he has everything right, and Leo too...interesting. Keep us posted.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-06-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
Could it have been that my equalizer on my head unit was turned too high up? What are you running for your low, mid, and high on your equalizers?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
You know me Jrod,just trying to be helpful.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-07-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
Leo,

Call me. Are you in BCS now? I would like to meet you and come out to take a look/listen and even take a few pulls to see if we can figure out the problem. I will bring another pair of 80's so we can swap out.

Thanks,

Tim White-President
Wet Sounds, Inc.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Hey Tim,

Brett at Wetsounds helped me out. My amp couldn't handle the speakers in bridged mode. I put the speakers in stereo (about 170w rms/channel) and they haven't muffled since. Thanks for the new neutriks, they are so much better than the old ones.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-15-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Anyone else have this issue with Hifonics amps?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-15-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Leo,

Glad to see we could help you figure out what the problem was.

Tim
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-15-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
My HF ZX6400 pushed my home brew HLCD cans very nicely in bridged mode. As I have said before I am not a fan of the 5 or 6 channel amps, I like to stick with a good 2 or 4 channel amp.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Mikeski, my amp is a 4 channel amp. I rode behind them this evening and they were awesome. I was finally impressed with the speakers since I have been having the muffling since I bought them. Another thing I changed was the equalizer, I didn't know that they equalizer on the HU was supposed to be off since wetsound's crossovers did all the work. The tweets were getting too much highs, and would cut off because of that.