Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
I've ridden behind Nautique & Supra and had no trouble with either wake with factory ballast and 4 or less people in the boat.I don't think any boat can handle 1000 extra lbs and 9 or 10 people in the boat.IT'S just too much weight for the boat to recover from an agressive cut out from the wake like in comps.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-02-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
jeremy said
"You're smoking crack. "
I put down which boat I thought would depreciate the most from the list which will be the 2011 Mastercraft X star: $86,800
so, just don't bash me, pick a boat from the list(or anywhere else) and then bash me! or are you too high on marijuana to think straight?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-02-2011, 8:12 AM Reply   
I love love love our nautique (old 210 style hull).

Honestly the old 210 is the single greatest bang for your buck wake machine out there... not in the upfront/cost of the boat but when you're loading a boat down the old 210s (being so narrow) put up one of the the all time best wakes with a fraction of the weight used to get others up to par. When we were shopping for our first v-drive we had about 20k to play with... our limited options in the midwest were:
CC Supersport Nautique (add ballast tower etc ourself)
MC 205v
Moomba Mobious V
Tige 2100v
Sunsetter VLX

After testing all of these boats the 210 was a no brainer... When comparing all these boats we would bring our own ballast bags to the test drives to see what we could get out of it.... and honestly it took 50% of the weight to get the 210 to an acceptable point compared to the rest.

I love love this boat but I think we're going to sell this next winter (need more space) but I will certainly miss it.

Its just has that classic beauty to it too...
Old    mojo            06-02-2011, 8:25 AM Reply   
Cwb4me, are you serious? What kinda crappy boat are you talking about or how obese are your passengers?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-02-2011, 11:30 AM Reply   
Joe, there is a 2011 230 on OIB for 79,900. Do some research and tell me the percentage drop from retail on that one.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-02-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
Here's the link:

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=28398
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
Dang! With those color options, z5 and tower speakers, that boat's being given away at that price if it has the big motor.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-02-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
thats a good lookin boat. i say buy it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Cwb4me, are you serious? What kinda crappy boat are you talking about or how obese are your passengers?
I am talking about any boat that has 4500 to 6000 lbs of weight ,with the stock motor and prop.A motor or prop upgrade may help.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-02-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
theres no way that 2011 230 has the big motor in it. for that price...
DOnt all Zr409's have the stainless hose input on the transome?
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
None of my 230's had that input on transom and all of mine had the big motor.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
I will say that I sold my '10 230, with a z5, full wetsounds system, big motor, better trailer, with under 100 hours for 82k. I tried to help our local dealer, when he was going under, sell a loaded '11 with the big motor for under 80k a while back and got no interest.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-02-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
wow Chat -both those sounded like STEALS!!!!!! i would have jumped on those quick.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-08-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
I like the sea deck platforms on the new Nautiques they are comfortable.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-09-2011, 5:03 AM Reply   
What happened to the stainless rubrail on the Nautique platforms? Cutbacks
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-09-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Nautiques are the best inboard boat. From the drive to the build process no one is even close. Some may disagree but why do they have the best warranty? When JD powers was doing studys on inboard boats they one every time. The seating some may say it is like a transformer or cut up to much. Last time I checked you can make the interior the same as the traditional seating wrap around but gives you the opportunity to transform just like the movie into rear facing seats. Go drive one, set in one, bring your family and spend an hour on the lake with the dealer you will be sold. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting. There are nice boats out heck boats that cost less (cheaper) but if you want the best go Nautique!! Just my thoughts actually facts
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-09-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by geterdone View Post
Nautiques are the best inboard boat. From the drive to the build process no one is even close. Some may disagree but why do they have the best warranty? When JD powers was doing studys on inboard boats they one every time.
enter the Tommy boy quote:

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's...
Tommy, Richard Hayden: ...What?

bottom line is that warranties are part of marketing. Kia offers a 10 year 100k mile warranty. Would you assert that they are a more quality offering than Toyota with a 3 year 36k mile warranty?
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-09-2011, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc_worm View Post
Kia offers a 10 year 100k mile warranty. Would you assert that they are a more quality offering than Toyota with a 3 year 36k mile warranty?
I do think Kia's stop when you step on the brake.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-09-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
Opinions most of us have one,but few of us can agree on one!
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
I don't like or dislike Nautiques. I love them. Best inboard hands down. I have a great dealer as well which makes it all the better.

Our 2009 210.

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-09-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
every inboard i owned was just a stepping stone to get me to my Nautique.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-09-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarond0083 View Post
I don't like or dislike Nautiques. I love them. Best inboard hands down. I have a great dealer as well which makes it all the better.

Our 2009 210.

Niiicee!!
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
Really? If that is the way you see a warranty then good for you. Sorry I knocked your daughter up you should have bought a Nautique!! Hahaha
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-10-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
I thought Nautique just reduced many aspects of its warranty to like 3 years?
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       06-10-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
I see alot of talk about the 210 and 230, but what about the 220? I have an 07 220 and I see nobody talk about these boats. I have the fly high upgrade ballast and it thorws a nice clean wake with about 4 to 5 people in the boat, but once I get more than 7 people and have all the ballast full the wake just falls apart. But other than that I love my boat. I just never hear about these boats on this site.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-10-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
I'd love to have a Nautique, but the price premium is just too much for me. That being said, as is the case with anything, a known luxury brand has significant value to many people. A lot of casual or new boaters have never even heard of, let alone seen, a Tige, a Centurion, a Supreme, a MB, etc. For those people, I can understand why it is comforting to know a manufacturer has been near the top in customer perception for decades.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-10-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
mike sounds like you just need to speed up. 25+ should clean it up.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-10-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by geterdone View Post
Really? If that is the way you see a warranty then good for you. Sorry I knocked your daughter up you should have bought a Nautique!! Hahaha
i suppose my 236 is not a nautique and the 220 i had before that was not a nautique either, and i need to go make a baby so you can catch up on knocking her up, hahaha? if nautiques are the best built boats, then why do they need a longer warranty? the truth is that the warranty is built in to the cost of the boat and we all pay a premium for it. all manufacturers source common components from common vendors and are all as susceptible to the same issues as the next builder in line. the exclusion is they build the hulls and assemble the interiors, but they manufacturer very few components. and if you thought CC warrantied their boats, that is only half accurate. the second owner has to pay $500 to xfer the warranty if they buy the boat before its 5 year warranty period has expired, and even then it only covers parts, not labor. if they want to xfer the drivetrain warranty, its an extra $350 i believe. sounds like they are warrantying people, not boats.

like them for whatever reason you like them, i like them because my mansoda cooler seems to integrate best in them, hahaha. but if you think that warranty isnt integrated into the market approach, i have news for ya, hahaha.....i think all builders have their merits...

Last edited by tdc_worm; 06-10-2011 at 1:21 PM.
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2011, 3:49 PM Reply   
Touche. I dont think the warranty is the only reason for buying a Nautique. Just one of the many reasons. Not trying to start a arguement just stating my likes.