Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-23-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
i noticed that Ronix does not have any wakeskates. Why?
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-23-2007, 11:31 PM Reply   
because they just started and they wanted to concentrate on making the best boards that they could.... thats what the rep told me last weekend
Old    gotwake123            01-24-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
I talked to Paul O'brien at INT National championships and he said that in the next year they will have them out. I can't emagen how good they are going to be. I have a Ronix 142 one and it is awsome.
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-27-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
dude, everyone knows you have a One.
Old    gotwake123            01-27-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
cool
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote: because they just started and they wanted to concentrate on making the best boards that they could.... thats what the rep told me last weekend

so concentrating on making the best boards means making 10 different tubes and a line of skis?

im not saying they dont make good boards because they do. what you said is just not a valid excuse. but i dont think ronix should get into wakeskating. there are already so many companies out there. LF and hype are in wakeskating and then there are the pure wakeskate companies. the future of wakeskating lies in the wakeskate companies.

(Message edited by wakemitch on January 27, 2007)
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
where did you find out about the tubes and the skis? Could you post the link if you have it. Please
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-27-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
I was just saying what the rep at the denver boat show told me... And im guessin that they put out a ski line because the owners are also big into skiing.... colin the skis are not ronix they are radar skis....
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
collin, i work for a shop.
square one is the main company, ronix is the wake division and radar is the sk and tube division.

(Message edited by wakemitch on January 27, 2007)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-28-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Believe it or not, money from those tube sales gets poured back into that company, and that money does help out the other divisions (ex: wakeboard and wakeskate). Every company needs money--you know that...they're just fortunate enough to have other means of pulling it in.

Ultimately, it's HARD to run a company and statistics are not good (most new companies die within the first two years of business--and that's in general and not strictly limited to the wake industry). Sometimes decisions have to be made in order for the company to succeed. A lot of people's money and futures are at stake...

Anyway, it's just food for thought.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-28-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Good luck getting hardcore wakeskaters to buy Ronix wakeskates. I know most wakeskaters are loyal buyers of american made and rider designed companies like Omen and Integrity. But there are also a lot of buyers who will buy productcs just because of the name behind them.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-28-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
It's not necessarily about "american" made so long as it's not a horrible piece of crap (that may or may not have been made overseas). Sattelyte is a canadian company with wakeskates made in canada and people are super down. And the funny thing is that some people who complain about chinese wakeskates will be the same dudes who buy chinese skateboards (like enjoi or what have you). But I guess just to touch on that, some of the chinese skateboards still utilize american materials...it's a touchy subject, for sure.

Now LF has their impulse line made at that same factory (in canada), and with a solid design and solid riders backing it, I know there will be riders buying those boards. There already were, but it is a harder sell, knowing those boards had some quality issues.

But yes, ultimately you do have riders who are drawn to the independent comapanies in the market place...but at this point, everyone plays a role because it's almost hard to imagine where wakeskating and some of its brightest riders would be without the backing that the larger companies can afford. and on a similar note, you have riders buying boards from those brands (indy brands, so to speak) for the exact reason you listed--because of the name behind them. So it does go both ways.