Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-18-2009, 1:11 AM Reply   
I need a copy of canons digital video solutions disk. I cant get any HD video off the HG10 without it. Anyone know where I can download a copy? I have tried the canon site no luck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-18-2009, 1:21 AM Reply   
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailT abAct&fcategoryid=369&modelid=15617
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-18-2009, 1:54 AM Reply   
The crazy thing is that the software is not listed when I go to that page. The software for pictures is but not the video software. This sucks. Does anyone else know how to import this video into my computer without this?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-18-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
What does the software do that you're looking for? Is it drivers or video editing software or what?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
it is the software that came with the camera that allows me to import the files onto my laptop. When I tried to just grab the files they got corrupted and became unusable. (That made me everyones best friend)the program came with this cheap u lead video program. I finally found a version installed on one of my old Sony laptops so I was able to get the slider stuff off but I lost a whole wake set with all of tonys hammers that I had never got on video. Oh well they will get over it and he will just have to kill it again.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-26-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
Yo Ben,
Log the clips into the hard drive in a RAW format. Whatever file type Canon attaches to it. .TOD or .BVE or whatever. I have no clue what Canon uses.. Then download a program called MPEG Streamclip. Search Google. It's a free program and can convert dozens of file types into dozens of others. Control/click or Right/click the file name in your hard drive and open with Streamclip. It should show up and play fine in there. Then, File/convert to .mov or .dv.
Hope this helps.. It worked with my old JVC that spit out file types that no-one had ever heard of. Converted them to .mov easily.

How was the event?