Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-02-2005, 7:13 AM Reply   
Looking at the Rival system for my 21i and did a search on Wakeworld, all threads were very positive about the system. I'd like to ask anyone who has the Rival system if they would post a current update on how the system is working out. Trying to decide between the Simer/Jabsco pump systems and aerator pump Rival system.
Old    mikep            05-02-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
I have one in a 22V and it works perfectly! The system is great!
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       05-02-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
I had one in my 03 22V and it was great.

I now have a 05 22V with the factory ballast and it was a total waste of money. My Rival system was so much better.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-02-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
DO NOT go with a simer or jabsco system.... I've had both. The Rival system is light years ahead of anything you can hope to accomplish with a simer/jabsco system.

MANY advantages to the Rival:

1. Much faster (the #1 advantage)
2. Much quieter
3. Less power drain
4. Can run dry without damaging pump
5. Pumps are more reliable (rubber impellers often stick in Jabsco's or simer's)
Old    dju            05-02-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
I've got one in my 22v. Love it. Not a fun to install but when your done you'll love the system.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-03-2005, 6:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. If I use an aerator system looks like I may have problems with the drain and vent lines trying to siphon out water from the rear bag. Beacause I have a direct drive the fuel tank is mounted in the rear locker which raises the floor several inches. When the rear ballast bag is full the top of the bag will be higher than the drain and vent line exit holes on the side of the boat. Water pressure from inside the bag and gravity may cause water to siphon out. An option might be to use some type of electric valve on the drain and vent lines but I'm starting to think it's becoming more trouble than it's worth using an aerator system.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-03-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
Does the Rival system use 1 large fill pump and independent drain pumps for each bag? I'm putting in an aerator system and would like to know.

Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-03-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
My Rival system has worked perfectly for the past year.

The system uses an aerator pump for each bag to fill. These are connected to a common manifold and there is one pump at each bag to empty.
Old    dju            05-04-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
I priced out how much it was going to cost me to build a system similiar to Rivals. When I got within $200 I went with rival as they provided better switches and hose.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-04-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
Does Rival have a web site?
Old    jhair            05-04-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
http://www.rivalindustry.com