Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2004, 6:45 PM Reply   
any one live in this area, friend is moving there to work with corporate walmart. Any decent lakes to ride in? Let me know, he is interested in buying my super.
thanks,
Mike
Old    wakehawg            04-04-2004, 8:32 PM Reply   
Yeah, Beaver Lake is just east of town. Nice enough lake and I believe there is a decent wakeboarding scene. Walmart is importing a lot of people to the area. Times they are a changin'.

There are a couple others within an hour or two. Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma, and Table Rock up North on the border with Missouri. I wouldn't make the drive for Tenkiller over Beaver, and I've never been to Table Rock. I here it's nice but very busy. Anyone else?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-04-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
Beaver is the lake to ride on. Great wakeboarding scene there. Tons of riders on the weekends. There are plenty of good lakes in Arkansas though, Dardanelle, Degray, Beaver, Norfork, Hamilton, Ouchita, Greeson, the list goes on.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-04-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
Beaver lake is really nice. There is a Nautique dealer in Cabot, AR close to Little Rock. The owner Rick Stuckey is awesome. I just threw that out there incase he needed his boat serviced or anything else.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2004, 11:43 PM Reply   
I travel there all the time, and it is a fast growing and very nice area to live. I have been on Beaver Lake many times and it is one of my favorite lakes of all I have been to. There is a Supra dealer and a Mastercraft dealer very close to the lake. A lot of locals keep their boats at Prairie Creek Marina and run down there for a quick ride after work.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-05-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
Yeah, there is a Moomba dealer and Mastercraft dealer around that erea. Nice people. I have Supra for that area of the state though. I'm in central AR.
Old    c_dub_bizzle            04-05-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
yeah beaver is great. It's my home. Jon is right Ski & Sports of rogers sales mc's and moomba's. They are really great people there. The scene on beaver is good too. I'll be working at ski&sports this summer so definatly say high.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-05-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
What happened to the Cobalt(?) dealer that was selling both Supra and Moomba? Just curious...
Old    c_dub_bizzle            04-05-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
they had some issues with the bank. They were barrowing money and siad it was for boats and they were just keeping it or using it on other equipment. They had cobalt and malibu mainly. They sold supra for like a year or somethin. Now they have moved. They stuck a new dealer in town and it was just finished being built like this week. It's call arrowhead boat sales. All the same guys are workin there jsut a new dealer.
Old    ruger311            04-05-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
Just moved to Ft. Smith, anyone started boarding around here yet, went to killer last weekend and i was cold, but was fun, let me know if anyone is out and about,
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-05-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
I have been riding in central Arkansas since mid march. I'm out just about every weekend now. Water is warming up fast. About time to shed the drysuit and start trunkin it.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-05-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
We are boarding here in Russellville. If you wanna ride just say when.

Jon send some pics when the new unit arrives!!
We need to ride some time.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Mac,

It looks like it will be getting here later in the month. I can't wait to get it. It will really turn some heads. Whenever you want to ride, just give me a ring or send an email.
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-12-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
I live on beaver, i like it. If you are used to wisconsin lakes, you will be amazed. Weekends to stay away from are memorial day and 4th of July.
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-12-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
I live on beaver, i like it. If you are used to wisconsin lakes, you will be amazed. Weekends to stay away from are memorial day and 4th of July.
Old    marcm            05-01-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
Skiers Wharf Extreme just opened a new shop in Rogers in the former location of The Marine Center. They have Nautiques and Tige's. They are a ski,and wake proshop like no other in the area. If you are into wake boarding, you need to check them out. They have two other shops in Kansas City and Lake of the Ozarks.