Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (jimmyjam)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-07-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
Can anyone, (maybe Travis M.) give me a good tip on the use of Perfect Pass through double ups? It seems that PP wants to accelerate through the double up. Do the pros use perfect pass? Do you take over the throttle on the du's?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-07-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
well I am not travis, and probably am not as great of a driver, but when I drive a double up with perfect pass I generally make a wide turn, then as i straighten out for the hit, I ease back on the throttle for a little bit. this gets the speed back to where it should be for a consistent double up.

If someone (Travis?) who has a lot more experience than me (I probably have about 1000 hours) does this differently, please chime in.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
I've noticed the same thing but I usually back off at the begining the turn to disengage PP then drive back up to speed the rest of the way. If I don't do that it will speed up through the turn but when I straighten out it ends up slowing down just as the rider is about to hit it and throws them off.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-07-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
What I've found is that PP has a problem holding speed thru a tight turn, so once you finish the turn it wants to speed up. To correct for that, I now manually give it some gas in the turn and then back off as I approach the double-up. PP doesn't disengage and the pull is more consistent for the rider.

I've been in the boat with Travis driving, but I don't think he was using PP at the time.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-09-2003, 1:51 AM Reply   
pp has a setting to adujust how much and how fast it corrects its speed. ideally though you should be on steady speed when you hit the rollers.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
I'd say to get a consistent pull you are going to have to adjust a little depending on the rider and how much space you have to turn it(there are other factors to consider too like how much weight you have in the boat)..... I want the boat to straighten out and hold a consistent speed before it crosses the rollers. that seems like the most important thing to me....... I have to add some throttle because where we ride is super narrow and there is barely enough room to turn it. Like billj says.... throttle up in the turn and back off a little and let it settle before the rollers.
I'm pretty sure that Travis is working the throttle some through the double ups.... He dosen't drive a big ol turn so I'm sure that he compensates a little with the throttle........