Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    stormrider            06-18-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
Not sure if this is a good price for a SAN Signature Edition (the base model). Any help would be appreciated

$51,400 out the door with trailer and tax, etc.

Again, any help would be appreciated.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
what happened to the Moomba?
Old    stormrider            06-18-2003, 6:24 PM Reply   
I'm selling it. I need what Correct Craft is offering, from product to warranty to local service.

Now scare me up somebody who can tell me if the deal's good. It sounds kinda high.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
Steven -

Check your email...
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
For $51,400 OUT THE DOOR I believe you should be able to get into a LIMITED EDITION for that price. I could of got a TEAM with rear pull-up cleats, dripless packing gland, flip up seat, heater, shower, table, (which are all options on this boat), tandem disc brake trailer, for $55,000 out the door.
Just remember, the 04's are only two months away!!!!!! Last year my dealer had his first 03' model in late August.
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-19-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
Do you need a 3rd ? hahaha

Steve - You might wanna consult Aki. I think he got a pimped out LE for about that much? Not 100% Sure. But yeah if I ordered one this late, I'd want an '04 fo sho. It's all about resale :-)
Old    hockeyruss            06-19-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Sounds expensive, shoot for 20% off retail on the boat and the trailer, or decide if you really want to spend that much. I personally feel that if the price is over 50, it would have to be a team edition, even if you had to spend 1-2 grand more.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
54K is "around" MSRP for a Team Edition. I would shoot for 12-15% off MSRP or "around" 47.5 at 12% off. So, for 3k more at 12% off MSRP you would get the TE.
I would work that price if I where you. Also, if you were to wait for a '04, around that time, the '03 Promo drivers will start selling theirs, you can swing a good deal that way. I am going to be selling mine in mid-Sept.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
Jefe, did you get your tournament schedule yet? What tourneys are you pulling?
Old    tommyadrian5            06-19-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
Never buy a new boat you lose 20% of what you pay when you drive it off the lot, there are plenty of used SAN's (all versions) out there with low hours, save the money.
Old    stormrider            06-19-2003, 11:59 AM Reply   
Thanks ya'll. Looks like I've got some work to do. Dealer should deal, though, it is an 03 in June and he's got it in stock.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
Hey Phil, I was just talking about you. No worries, I was just talking to Dan @ Extreme and was thinking you got the Table Rock INT stop.

Yeah, I got the schedule last week. So far, I have done all the Missouri INT events to this point, was scheduled for a few in Illinois, and the rest in Missouri but was not scheduled for Table Rock. Do you have it? If so, thats cool, I am most likely going to go anyway.

How about you, were are the pics of the new '03 TE. Please post!
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
My ears were burning

I've got the table rock stop so I will be down there too, looking forward to meeting you, The rest of ours are KS INT's and clinics.

How did the first MO tourney go? We had our first KS one and had 68 wakeboarders and 74 skiers and this was at a lake that is historically our lowest turn out. We have another next weekend that is usually one of the best turn outs.

As far as pics go, there is one in my profile but you can only see the dash (and my son), but here is one from last weekend. (Assuming I can attach it.)

OA5
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Yeah, Jefe is right.
I worked my dealer down to $52,256.00 (before tax) for the following: (This was in December 02')
2003 TEAM with the following options
Docking Lights
Heater
Dripless Packing Gland
Flip Up Drivers Seat
Bimini
Table
Rear Pop-Up Cleats
Shower
Tandem Disc Brake Trailer

If it were me, I would wait one month and put in an order for an 04' model and have it at the end of August, since you are talking about spending that much money anyway.

After much consulting with the wife we decided to buy a used 1995 Super Sport for less than half of that cost which puts us on the water with the family and everyone is smiling just the same! Oh yeah, and have another baby which is due in October! The reason I say this is because out here in CA in the Bay Area we pay $560 a month per child for day care. So you see how boat payments can get in the way!

Whatever you choose to do, you will have fun!
Todd
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
Hey Phil, is the bottom of your boat navy blue or black?
How do you like it that color (whichever it is)?
Do you wish you had gotten a lighter color?
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
It's black and no I don't wish I had gotten a lighter color. The black does make it stand out plus it's on the bottom therefore the heat and water spotting is zero. I've had navy blue on the sides a couple times and the black bottom color is by far easier to keep than the navy sides. I like it because I've never seen anyone do this color scheme or look with a Nautique.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
That is a one sweet color combo Phil!! That Red Bimini and white tower really sets it off!! Me like.

Do you know, if I am not scheduled for it, yet still go, will I still get credit for it? If not, no big deal, I am really looking forward to hitting TableRock so that won't be a decision maker.

I am going to be down your way on Saturday, so if you see a Nautique being pulled by an RV on 70 or 29(I am assuming that is not a common occurance) Honk!

Back to INT, First one was back in mid-May so it was a little cold and rainy, second and third were going off. We were pulling our last rider at like 8-9 at night. I am not sure about the numbers, most likely not that high, but close. Anyway, good times had by all. We are hitting a stop in Columbia MO on July the 13, you should take a little day-trip and stop by.

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on June 19, 2003)
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Sorry to Hijack the thread on you Steven- let us know how it turns out.
Old    stormrider            06-19-2003, 1:17 PM Reply   
No, man. Take the thread, it's the least I can do for all the info-- plus I don't own it so ya know, fine. Glad you and Phil were able to touch bases. INT sounds like an interesting way to spend the summer. Phil, cool pic.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
Steven, I'm sorry too. Anyway, Jefe, there are 2 other RV/SAN rolling in this area (me and the KS coordinator)!!! What brings you this way? Nebraska? I live a way south of 70 and 29 but have a good trip. Remember alway check your lug nuts !!!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-19-2003, 10:13 PM Reply   
Steve, I have a couple thoughts...

First, don't think all that money buys you a worry-free boat. There are a LOT of issues with SAN's, just like there are with every other boat manufacturer. Don't get me wrong, they interest me as well. I'm just saying, there ARE issues both with SANs in general and our local dealership. Neither are perfect by a long shot.

Second, and to answer your question rather than spout off with unsolicited advice, I did some research last spring when I had some mild interest in getting into a new ride. What I found is that a FULLY loaded Team goes for around $55k-$60k OUT THE DOOR. Yes, everyone claims to have gotten a better deal (a "steal"), and some do, but this seems to be what I could discern from the more honest people.

How does that compare to a Limited? I don't know. I would get the amount itemized for the options that you are NOT getting and see how it all adds up.

You might also consider paying a visit to California Skier in Lake Elsinore and take a look at the X2. They are generally a little less money and you may have a little more bargaining power if you are genuinely interested in at least two different boats. California Skier has an almost universally excellent reputation.

Then there is the VLX but then you may have some dealership issues to deal with.

Good luck and let me know how it goes as I may do the same thing within the next year or two.
Old    heldoorn            06-23-2003, 11:12 PM Reply   
I paid

for an 03 SANTE
with
Dual Batteries
FCT
Clips
tandem Dorsey Trailer with brakes
Bimini
Cover
Perfect Pass

any questions email me

ordered in Jan 02
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2003, 6:32 AM Reply   
Chris, is that what you paid out the door?

Did it have all the standard TE options (e.g., stereo, tanks, etc.)?
Old    damnation            06-24-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
Tom wrote:

"Never buy a new boat you lose 20% of what you pay when you drive it off the lot, there are plenty of used SAN's (all versions) out there with low hours, save the money. "

-- Sorry, but I disagree. I kept my last boat for 18 months and didn't even come close to losing 20% (2002 Malibu Sunsetter). I guess it all depends on the boat itself and what kind of deal you got from the dealer.