Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-12-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
I've got an 07 Roam and a pair of 09 Ronix Ones with the extenders and for whatever reason can't get the inserts to line up. Now I know that they SHOULD work, but i'm just completely baffled that I can't seem to get this. I've tried just about every combination but there's clearly something i'm not doing right. Heres a couple pictures of a few attempts with different inserts, sorry about the bad focusing, my garbage camera only has two focusing options.

Old     (mathias)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-13-2010, 2:43 AM Reply   
I'm not familiar at all with these new hole patterns or combining the new 6" with 8" for that matter. But telling from the pictures it seems as the bindings would line up perfectly with the inserts of the board if you used two extenders on every binding instead of just one. Did you only get one pair of extenders when you bought your bindings?
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-13-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
I actually do have two sets of extenders, but there is so much heel and toe lift that I need to find another alternative. Thanks for your input though!
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
I've got a pair of 6" bindings on my 8" board, and how I have them set up now they use the farthest out inside inserts and 1 in on the outside inserts. It works fine but limits you to 3 positions instead of 4.

As if that made any sense :-S
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-15-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Have you tried without the extenders at all?

I'm pretty sure that the spacing between inserts on the boards is 2 inches so a 6" base will still work but you may not be able to mound the bindings all the way out.
I'm guessing that the extenders each move the base out an inch, hence the reason you need to put 2 on to go from a 6" base to an 8" base.
Obviously if you only put 1 extender on your going to have a 7" base and the bindings won't line up with anything.

I may be completely off about this as i don't mess with my bindings often and i'm not up to date on all the new configurations.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-15-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Jay,

That makes perfect sense to me.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-15-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Jay, I tried that configuration but it still didn't line up. The edge of the plate covers the insert like in one of the pictures. I think my issue might be that my board only has 3 stance options originally, but i'm just reaching for possibilities now. I cannot find one viable stance option with just one set of spacers.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       07-15-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
The only time you should need the extender is if you are riding completely all the way out otherwise when you have the binding in the second from the top or bottom of the board, you should be at the last hole on the other set of inserts. If they don't line up completely, as most don't, rotate the binding to another degree until you can get the screw started and then slide them to the degrees you want.