Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-23-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/1235996162.html

You could run AC in the summer and full heat in the winter.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
I swear someone needs to make us a wakeboat that has something similar for those us us that ride year round with young kids in the boat
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-23-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
I have always wanted to look at some of the Century hulls up close. I am curious what kind of wakes some of them are capable of.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-24-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
I remember skiing behind them and they were horrible but maybe at wakeboard speeds they would be great. Who knows until someone gets behind one? I thought it was cool due to the full hard top with sky lights.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
440! You could load it up!!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
How about my 87 SunSport with full camper top? Even has full clear zip on windows for sides and stern. Open bow has a snap on cover too. :-)

Upload
Upload
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-24-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
canvas.......meh
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
Whoever made and/or ordered that Sunsport cover should be drug out into the street and shot.

Those old Century's sure look cool, but are a pain if you are ever around docks. The driver is worthless in holding the dock, helping ppl into the boat, etc. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but you feel trapped. Plus, the choke knob style pull out throttle on teh one i drove sucked.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2009, 11:25 PM Reply   
Wow, can you imagine boat camping with that Sunsport???? Crazy.

There is at least one old Century inboard on our lake. It's a gorgeous boat. But takes a lot of time & money to keep it that way.

Heres a friend's 23' LSV. It won't win any awards for looks, but it's the best cool weather riding boat ever.

Upload

And another friend's Vride. These tops are great for riding in the NW offseason.

Upload

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on June 24, 2009)
Old     (lakelife)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Bill, where do you get those made??
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
Gee dhcomp thanks a lot for your thoughtful comments about my post. It means a lot to me, I'm glad I posted. No one ordered the top, it came from the factory. For free.
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-25-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Not sure whats up dhcomp's arse, but I think that Sunsport top is pretty cool, like Bill K examples, would be a great cold weather boat. Would be nice for shade on a hot day too!
Old     (cameronb)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-25-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
those are looking pretty sweet! would be a really nice touch to have on the boat.. for now, keeping the front/bow cover on the supra, and the middle window closed.. keeps everyone in the boat a wee bit more comfortable during colder times
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
Both those tops are custom made by local shops. The LSV in Portland & the Vride in Bellingham, WA. Let me know if your in the local area, and I'll track down the shop that made them both. Otherwise I'd suggest you take some pics of these tops to a good shop in your area & have it duplicated. Let me know if thats your plan & I'll get you a few more pics.
Old     (cameronb)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-25-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
goddd im thankful to live in texas now. boarding at lake washington or lake sammamish when i lived in Renton, Wa was killer!
texas is wakeboard friendly! year round
Old     (sacwake)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-26-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Bill, on that green malibu, what is that thing above the surfrack?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
It's a Samson hydrofoil rack. The board slides in the forks & the piece on top holds the foil t-bar.

Consider the source. I gave up wakeboarding a long time ago & am a fulltime SkySki rider. We use wake boats & ballast & so on, but some of our boats are modded a bit different since we carry foils instead of boards. Or foils AND boards in most cases.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-26-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
Thanks KB. I know it's not the most stylish anymore - it IS from 1987 after all. But for something that comes standard it is pretty unique.

I don't use it a lot - now we have a tower, etc, with a floating tower bimini that I DIY'd from an aftermarket bimini. But I do have the camper cover and someday I WILL use it to camp out of the boat hehe! Just watch that sand, doh!