Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-08-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/us...uana.html?_r=1
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-08-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
"all good things come from god."

Steel Pulse(I think).
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-08-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile. Way to go Pat.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-09-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
I do hope eventually it is legalized and treated the same as alcohol and tobacco. It would be a great first step in downsizing the State, respecting individual liberty, and eliminating victimless crimes. The savings to government would be enormous and I would hope those savings would be passed on to all of us in the form of lower taxes.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-09-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Not to mention the farming aspect of it. As I recall, Hemp has a ton of uses besides being smoked.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-09-2012, 8:17 AM Reply   
^You can't smoke hemp.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-09-2012, 8:29 AM Reply   
Well, you actually could, but I understand its a byproduct.
Old    sperbet            03-09-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Technically yes, you can. Just like you can smoke the grass the grows on your lawn. Hemp won't get you high, it'll only give you a headache. So in reality, no you can't really smoke it.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-09-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
The savings to government would be enormous and I would hope those savings would be passed on to all of us in the form of lower taxes.
LOL!!!!!!!! Yes that is just what the government will do!!!!!

Please invite me to your wonderful planet someday.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-09-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
Technically yes, you can. Just like you can smoke the grass the grows on your lawn. Hemp won't get you high, it'll only give you a headache. So in reality, no you can't really smoke it.
Which is exactly what I said, just in a longer more drawn out version.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-09-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
LOL!!!!!!!! Yes that is just what the government will do!!!!!

Please invite me to your wonderful planet someday.
If you accept the way things are, nothing will ever change. Of course I don't expect the government to pass those savings along and perhaps steal LESS of the well over 50% of my income they steal now... Not unless they are dragged kicking and screaming into that situation.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
legalize it and I'll advertise it
THE GREAT Peter Tosh said
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2012, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
I do hope eventually it is legalized and treated the same as alcohol and tobacco. It would be a great first step in downsizing the State, respecting individual liberty, and eliminating victimless crimes. The savings to government would be enormous and I would hope those savings would be passed on to all of us in the form of lower taxes.

+1
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-10-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
POT should be legalized but controlled (only sold through specialized outlets) and taxed.
But, keep the outlets out of shopping malls and don't allow it to be smoked in public.

Horrible addictive drugs (e.g. heroine, crack, meth) should be provided for FREE from government outlets for free to anyone willing to sign a form accepting the consequences of the drug.

OK. I just eliminated every DRUG law enforcement agency, every DRUG related court case, every DRUG dealer, every DRUG importer, every DRUG related crime and every DRUG related prison cell.

Billions raised.
Billions saved.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-10-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
“It’s completely out of control,” Mr. Robertson said. “Prisons are being overcrowded with juvenile offenders having to do with drugs. And the penalties, the maximums, some of them could get 10 years for possession of a joint of marijuana. It makes no sense at all.”
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-10-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
POT should be legalized but controlled (only sold through specialized outlets) and taxed.
But, keep the outlets out of shopping malls and don't allow it to be smoked in public.

Horrible addictive drugs (e.g. heroine, crack, meth) should be provided for FREE from government outlets for free to anyone willing to sign a form accepting the consequences of the drug.

OK. I just eliminated every DRUG law enforcement agency, every DRUG related court case, every DRUG dealer, every DRUG importer, every DRUG related crime and every DRUG related prison cell.

Billions raised.
Billions saved.
except now we have to pay to take care of all the dumb asses hooked on the "horrible addictive drugs" because it would be inhumane to just let them die of their habits
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-14-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
"except now we have to pay to take care of all the dumb asses hooked on the "horrible addictive drugs" because it would be inhumane to just let them die of their habits "

Its still cheaper than prisons and law enforcement. Billions still saved.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
except now we have to pay to take care of all the dumb asses hooked on the "horrible addictive drugs" because it would be inhumane to just let them die of their habits
Jobs!