Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: Cable Direction:
Clockwise (heelside corners for left foot forward) 4 66.67%
Counter-Clockwise (heelside corners for Goofy) 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (glwake)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-09-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Great Lake Wake is pushing hard to bring a full size cable to Ontario. Every week we find more people who want to join the movement.

We are getting close to finding a site, but we wanted to know if people who live in or near Ontario want a clockwise cable (heelside turns for regular riders) or counter-clockwise cable (standard direction, heelside for Goofy riders).

Please share you comments and vote in our poll.

This IS happening!
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-09-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Who cares, just get this thing up and running ASAP.
Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-09-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Where aboots are you looking in Ontario?
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-09-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
I say who cares too! Be awesome to have a full size cable though!

Which area?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-09-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Im willing to bet every regular rider will vote clockwise and every goofy rider will vote the opposite, so this^. Especially what Adam said.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-09-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
I'm a regular rider but I'd vote counter just to get in some practice riding switch!
Old     (mnorris)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-09-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
I would have to agree with Levitt, either way it turns is good with me, just get it in Ontario!! what area are you thinking?
Old     (mnorris)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-09-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
Summerski Lake where the Ranch straightline is would be unreal if that could ever happen lol...though I dont think it ever will
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-09-2012, 6:15 PM Reply   
Hey Great Lake, I may be missing it, but counter clockwise (as OWC) make turns for reg riders on HS.
Am I thinking about this wrong??
Old     (glwake)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-09-2012, 8:51 PM Reply   
Finding a location is the hardest part. We are looking at small ponds/lakes in and around Toronto, but the Niagara Falls area has potential with cheaper land and lots of tourism. Summerski Lake is too big and would require very long docks, which are expensive to build and maintain. We have talked to the lease-holder of that property and he agrees it will not work.

The picture below shows a lake that is almost perfect in shape and size located at 23000 McCowan road in Georgina, ON. The red lines would be System 2's and the yellow lines would be docks. The lake is owned by La Rue Construction and we are waiting for permission to visit the site.

Great Lake Wake is an open source initiative so we share our information in hopes that it will lead to a six tower cable in Ontario. It doesn't matter to us who builds the cable. Everyone involved just wants this done pronto. Until some one else takes action, Great Lake Wake will fight to bring a full size cable to Ontario.

Click here to see other locations we have considered so far.
Attached Images

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-10-2012, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9fxr View Post
Hey Great Lake, I may be missing it, but counter clockwise (as OWC) make turns for reg riders on HS.
Am I thinking about this wrong??
Technically you are right, reg riders end up doing the turn on their heels. What Great Lake means is on a counterclockwise cable, reg riders have to initiate the turn on their toeside, which is a little less comfortable. Awkward wording, its tough to get out right, but the gits of it is that reg riders have an easier time with clockwise cables.