Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (autosports)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-16-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
Thanks guys,I was asking about older Sanger for sale (dx2 1992),I just bought it,good info,thanks. I would like to put a tower on it,best brands,style,features? Im willing to spend around 2 grand,like the polished look.
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       02-16-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
Samson
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2008, 10:53 PM Reply   
pro-flight
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-16-2008, 11:04 PM Reply   
i cant say from first hand exp., but on some boats monster towers just look so badass.
Old     (deaner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-17-2008, 5:29 AM Reply   
I am very happy with my monster tower. I originally went with it because it was the cheapest option available. I am really impressed with the quality of the product, and I think it suits the boat.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-17-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
We have installed a countless number of Monster Towers and I just don't know how you beat them for the price. The new MT2 is super nice. Just my .02.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-17-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Sampson would be my first choice. In addition to being well built they look good too.
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-17-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Titan would be my choice.I put one on an 86 Supra comp,worked great.I beleive you can get one now for about 1100.
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-17-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
I had titan 2 on my last boat. Easiest to drop down. In my opinion one of the most sturdy towers on market. You can also load them with multiple board racks and it won't bother them. Really great bang for buck!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
Titan rocks. Sturdiest by far. And very easy to break down. Their made specifically for your boat, not a universal fit. So they don't have all the joints in them that cause movement problems. Strength & sturdiness is needed for strong, aggressive riders & those who want to stack the tower full of speakers & racks.

Riding a foil can be tough on a tower. Not many wakeboarders weigh in at 250 - 300 lbs & do inverts on both sides of the wake and in the middle. The combined foil & rider weight can be rough on towers, especially if he's strong & holds on to sketchy landings. A tower that flexes at all can flip the handle back into the boat, even using a non-stretch handle. Occasionally a strong, aggressive boarder will do the same. This can & does break windshields, mirrors, hit passengers, even break the tower itself.

Pro Flight used to make early Malibu towers. Theres a reason why they are no longer the tower of choice. Look around & you will find Pro Flight owners unloading their towers on Ebay or WW to upgrade to something else.

Samson has gotten better. Still pretty bouncy but at least they removed their integrated racks so the rope doesn't get hung up every time you turn to pick up your rider. I hear they now have their swivel foil racks fully designed & in stock.

For all the happy Monster owners, there are unhappy ones too. I don't know what the percentage is, but for some reason I see & hear about their towers being misaligned & having way too much movement, possibly due to poor installation. Their saving grace is that they have exceptional customer service that tries hard to help people with their shoddy installs.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on February 17, 2008)
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-17-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
DAMN! Those MT2 towers look great. I have been waiting for monster tower to come out with something new.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-17-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
I like the look of this one. It looks like it is made for the boat instead of the universal look. Air Cannon.

Upload
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2008, 11:17 PM Reply   
That Air cannon looks sweet.

Never heard of anyone not happy with their proflight and they are the factory option for Sanger.
Old    d_fresh            02-18-2008, 4:30 AM Reply   
I like the looks of the Air Cannon tower. I did a search on the web and couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a link to them?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-18-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
LINK TO AIR CANNON:

http://www.bulletspeakers.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=4&option=co m_virtuemart&Itemid=1
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Are there two AirCannon towers? This doesn't look the same at all. http://earmarkcaraudio.com/products_marine_wake_towers.asp
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-18-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
I think earmark might have put there tower together backwards.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-18-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
There are 2 different Air Cannon towers, you can see both of them on the bulletspeakers site above. The second one looks just like what is on the earmark site.

By the way, check out LoudLiquid.com. I just had one installed and I think it looks great. A lot cheaper than most of the custom options I was looking at, but doesn't look like a universal tower.

Upload
Upload
Upload