Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-11-2011, 12:57 PM Reply   
I had the pleasure of testing/demo a few of Marks NEW Surf Boards. I started out with the Comp 1 with a regular fin set up and a set of his. Those that have rode the Comp 1 you know it can be a little loose. With the set of fins that Mark had, the board tracked a lot better than I expected. So a few sets to get warmed up and I was ready to jump in a little deeper with the boards and push them. I like the fins he had and then we placed them on his 4.7 Quad. All I can say is WOW!!! The board was very stable and all you had to do was think about where you wanted to go and it was there. With the "Shark" fins it was as fast as you wanted it to be. We swapped fins and used some that would track a little better and it was like night and day. The board was extremely stable and tracked very well. The board was amazingly light, yet more durable than the Comp 1. It did not seem fragile and would hold up under heel pressure. The Carbon rod down the middle kept the board from flexing too much and gave it a lot of strength.

In comparison of the LW 4.7 Quad board to the SS Comp 1 I would say that with the right fin set up they are about equal. His fins will get the board as loose as you want or track as if it was on rails. The board will make a great intermediate to advance board with the shark fins or a good beginner board with regular surf fins.

My wife tried out his smaller board that he makes for kids (grome) and she loved it. He said it was for those that weighed 120 lbs. or under, but the wife came in at 130 lbs. She rode it like a champ and was getting deep in the pocket. It had the speed she liked and was stable enough to correct any over pushing. She was very impressed so much she was asking me to hide it from him. LOL!!!

We later brought out his larger/boat board and I had a few people that have never heard of or seen wake surfing. We got them out there and with a few instruction and a coupe of tries, they were up and almost to the point of dropping the rope. They all enjoyed themselves so much, they too want to go out more. That is what this sport is all about. Bringing new people out with you that don't know what we do, introducing them to cold water, and watch them try to toes to the nose!

In closing, the Lake Wake Boards are very nice! You can custom yours with any screen print and any fin set up. I was very impressed and I think that the beginner or the guy that is intermediate will have a lot of fun pushing this board tot he limits. All of my crew are not liking me too much today as they, and I quote "My arms and legs feel like jell-o" and "I am sore tired and sore, I am playing hooky from court today". Good times is what it is all about and we sure did have a good time!

Check out the boards! You will not be sorry.