Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (blatantblunts)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-20-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Waddup east coasters, wonderin if there are any other riders on here from Connecticut...

Have any of you guys checked out Brownstone Wake Park near Middletown yet? I was thinkin about going but was wondering if anybody has given it a try yet..

Also what lakes/rivers do you find are the best to get some nice buttery water? I've been hittin Highland Lake in Winsted for a few years now in the evening and usually can find some decent calm water out there.. There's gotta be some hidden gems out there though where I can get away from all those tubers and other riff-raff.

Peace easy
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-20-2011, 6:31 PM Reply   
Last year Brownstone was a piss poor excuse for a wake park. They put on a rail jam that was awful. Winches weren't working, they weren't set up to let people practice, It was awful. That said, I was thinking about giving it another try purely on the basis that they now have a system 2.0. Their rails are decent it was really just the owners doing things their way and it wasn't the best way. Hopefully its a little better this year. They had a nice a frame, a box that was falling apart, and a a small kicker equivalent to the wedges found at the large/beginner lake at OWC. Also you can do air tricks on the system. If you go let me know how it is and if they added any rails before I venture from NJ up there.
Old     (ctsunsetter)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-20-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   

We're not an official club and we are not exclusive foilers. Let me know if you need a pull sometime.
Old     (blatantblunts)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-21-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
yeah i heard about their system 2.0 and saw some video of it which looked kinda dope. I'm probably gonna head down there within the next few weeks to check it out.. It's the only cable park in the Northeast right?? I haven't been able to find any others..

and @Terry, where exactly do you guys go on the ct river? my dads boat is currently in the shop right now so im kinda stuck on dry land
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
I live in southwest CT, Danbury area. We have a bunch of real nice rivers/lakes that have glass. My knee is blown so I am not riding much this year, still in recovery. I heard the same thing about the wake park, that their winches sucked. Might try to check it out if they have a system 2.0 now.
Old     (ctsunsetter)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatantblunts View Post
yeah i heard about their system 2.0 and saw some video of it which looked kinda dope. I'm probably gonna head down there within the next few weeks to check it out.. It's the only cable park in the Northeast right?? I haven't been able to find any others..

and @Terry, where exactly do you guys go on the ct river? my dads boat is currently in the shop right now so im kinda stuck on dry land
Our base of operations is south of Weathersfield Cove and north of Rocky Hill.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-26-2011, 12:09 PM Reply   
Terry, I don't wanna be overbearing, but what say you as to my PM?
Old     (ctsunsetter)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-29-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Terry, I don't wanna be overbearing, but what say you as to my PM?
You've got mail!
Old     (WakeisLife)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-15-2011, 5:49 AM Reply   
The winches are gone down at brownstone and the 2.0 is so dope makes riding a million times better. Terry you should try and bring the foil down i dont think its ever been done on cable before.
Attached Images

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-18-2011, 3:44 PM Reply   
LOL a new thread got posted about brownstone, check that thread out for some better information.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-20-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
I ride on bantam lake its glass sometimes just check the wind anything under 15mph and the coves will be butter...as far as hidden gems i have my own large pond that i am the only boat on and i plan on keeping it that way so just stick to bantam haha (litchfield CT btw)