Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-17-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
Hey Guys, I'm looking at either a Hyperlite Webb or Byerly BP. Next week I'll have the opportunity to demo but will probably only have time to ride one of the two. In the last two years I've tried the Ronix Mana, Hyperlite Tribute, and Hyperlite Marek Nova core currently. I'm 6'1" 190lbs. and intermediate with a decent size wake. I hated the Mana, felt really slow and inconsistent to me. It also felt excessively wide. Between the tribute and marek I probably liked the tribute a little more. I liked the loose playful surfy feel of it but I do like the speed and pop of the marek. I only stopped riding the tribute because I kept breaking the tips where the angled channels come out in the nose and tail. The only other board I'm considering is the Humanoid O'shea so please don't throw out a bunch of boards I'm not interested in as "the best board you've ever ridden" since I hear that almost every time someone buys a new board. I only ride boat so if you've been on any of these three boards please let me know how you feel about them.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-17-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
Try out the BP. The BP is a continuous rocker similar to the Tribute and marek I believe. The webb is made like a 3-stage like the Mana, so from what it sounds like, you will like the feel of the BP a little more.

I ride the BP mostly behind the boat, and a little on cable. It has held up very well. It's a very consistent board on the wake, and has almost no channels which will give you the ability to break it loose and give you what your looking for.

Let me know what you think about it when you demo it.

Good luck!

-Brad
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-17-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
There just isn't much out there in terms of reviews on these two boards. The Webb is supposed to be a very blended 3 stage so I'm wondering how the speed is on it.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
I used to ride the 2013 Webb and now am on the BP and the BP is way mo betta for the boat.