Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    dclems            10-01-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
I was just curious if anybody makes a board rack for a car. I have a Grand Cherokee but I'm sick of my board sliding around in the back. I'm sure I could rig something up on the roof rack but just wondering if nybody actually makes one.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-01-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
I used to have a Thule snowboard rack that I could fit my wakeboard in. I just use a padded bag to keep my board from sliding around. Less hassle and way cheaper.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-01-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
There is a great invention that works wonders...it is called a tie down strap.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Board bags.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       10-01-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
I carry my board in my snowboard rack. It's nice not to have the board in the car. You also can attatch them to the stock crossbars no problem. I upgraded to longer and stonger Thule crossbars so I can carry more. You can find just the snowboard racks pretty cheap. I've also got a thule box which is nice. I can fit two wakeboards, a skate, three fat sacs, rope and vest in there. I usually carry my landlock or skimskate in the snowboard rack.
Old    wakeboarder408            10-01-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
I too have used a Thule double snowboard rack to carry my wakeboard. It works fine even when i'm flying down the freeway going 85-90mph.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-02-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
I have put mine on my cross bars before, attached with a strap. They didn't move at all, but I usually just keep them in the boat. I always tow my boat with the cover in place, so they don't move around in there too much.

btw... parkcityxj - Nice XJ.
Here's my WJ.