Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
So... Last year, on August 14th (this time it was the 7th), I worked my knee pretty hard. MCL sprain or something like that. Nothing torn. Spent a lot of time limping around, and also wound up going to the doctor 67 times to get a 500 dollar MRI that came up showing no ligament damage. Still got achy from time to time, but no real problems while running/riding/doing anything.

Anyways, last night, I finally decided to work on heelside 1's, and when I landed I started to slide out of it and fell backward. My legs compressed up against me as they sort of were pinned between my forward moving body and the water. Same knee just explodes in pain. No pop. No swelling. Nothing except for pain, which is now lingering, and my knee doesn't feel all that strong. If it weren't for the injury to the same knee exactly a year ago, I wouldn't really be thinking about it, but because of it, I'm just a little bit worried.

So let's hear the WakeWorld doctor diagnoses, because at this point in time, there's no way in hell that we can afford the 7 trips to the doctors office before they finally give an MRI, which at this point also cannot be afforded.

Questions: What do you think it could be (forward and back instability, pain more on the inside of the knee)? When do you think I could get back to riding. Last year, I got back up as soon as I hurt it and kept on chugging like a moron. It felt fine on the board, it was just when I was floating in the water or crouched down that it hurt.