Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (brithunsicker)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-02-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
I'm looking to get a camera for the lake and need some input on which one to get. Obviously the GoPro is the first one everybody thinks of, but I'm still not quite convinced it is the best one for using at the lake. The GoPro has to have a case to make it waterproof, whereas the Ion and Polaroid are both waterproof up to 30 ft without a case, which is plenty for me, if it's 30 ft deep, I'm not getting it back anyways. Also with the GoPro having a case it seems like the picture comes out a little more washy compared to the other two. I know King of Wake is sponsored by Polaroid and their picture and videos look really good. The shape of both the Ion and Polaroid seem more fitting as well, shaped like a bullet, instead of a box. They all seem to have pretty close to the same specs as far as image quality and pixels and stuff like that. What I am skeptical about is which one has the best mounts and accessories to make it the camera of choice for wakeboarding, whether it is mounted on my board, helmet, or somebody beside me shooting me riding. I do like the idea of the "GoPole" because you can get some crazy shots up close or far away.
Price is really not a factor in this for me, I'd really just like to get the best one for my needs, that way I won't kick myself in the ass later for not getting the good one.

Let's get some input on this, I'm sure I can't be the only one trying to make this decision.

Thanks guys!