Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Glaze08)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-29-2011, 11:34 PM Reply   
I'm trying to sell this board, however alot of people are getting spooked on the fact that the fins are peeling away from the base layer. This board is literally only wake ridden, never hit a slider, stored indoors in climate controlled area, only seen behind boat time. I cannot remember for the life of me how or when the board started to peel, and it's only peeling on the ride side fin. For whatever reason, I have ridden the board pretty extensively and it doesn't feel any different even with the slight bit of peeling.

I want to sell the board for between $150-$200 shipped, however, like I said, every interested buyer is spooked by the peeling. I go to college in Wisconsin, live in Chicago, and my lakehouse is in Indiana, so needless to say outside of my local shop at my lakehouse, I haven't been able to locate a wake shop that can look the board to get it fixed up.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any shops in southern Wisconsin or the Chicagoland area. Also, does anyone know if there is a way to fix this on my own, or if anything can be done in the first place?

Also, as I stated above, I am still selling the complete board between $150-$200 Shipped.

Board:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Peeling Area:

As you can see the fin is still there, it's not like its cracking, the base sheet just peeled off?

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-30-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Is it just the graphic layer peeling off? How old is the board? (could be a warranty issue)
Otherwise I could fix it for you (I am in Roscoe, IL) Unless you are good with epoxy.
Old     (Glaze08)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-30-2011, 10:26 PM Reply   
I'm from Lemont, IL. It's just the graphic layer coming off, and the board is a 2009, so its not old at all really.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-01-2011, 6:40 AM Reply   
Just sand it to rough up the area and cover the damaged area with epoxy then sand smooth.Epoxy is not that hard to work with,most are 1 to 1 ratio,squeeze out equal amounts of the resin and the hardener and mix well.Epoxy is available in different set times(5min. set or 30 min set,and I think there's a 1hr set).It wouldn't hurt to stop by a local LF dealer and see if they can get some warranty help,worst that can happen is they say no,worth a shot though.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-01-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
If it's an 09, I would def contact a LF dealer &/or LF directly. If the glass isn't broken & the graphic is just peeling it seems like it would be a workmanship issue (since you said no rails, etc....)
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-16-2011, 8:35 PM Reply   
See Bro ,, If you have a solid fiberglass fin and box ,,,you would have no Worries
Attached Images