Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-29-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
I apologize for being naive.

I recently purchased an Exile Xi800.4 4 Channel Amp. For the input / output connections, can I use Monster Cable QuickLock Gold Banana Connectors or equivalent? Or is there something that is better?

Owners Manual
http://www.exileaudio.com/products/x...?tab=downloads

Last edited by twelve02; 06-29-2011 at 1:20 PM.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-29-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
For the power inputs and speaker outputs most will strip back the jacket, tightly twist together the wire strands, insert the raw wire directly into the terminal block and tighten down the set screws. Some will lightly tin the exposed wires beforehand so there is still a degree of flexibility with added resistance to oxidation. I don't see how adding another component for this type of connectors will help.
Some other barrier strips require a separate fork connector but not the Exile. Most amplifiers use the same terminal system as Exile which a majority prefer.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-29-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Hi David, it seems the Xi800 has female receptors for the speaker ins and outs, see the diagram. Am I missing something?

-Tom
Attached Images

Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-29-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Just as David said, strip the wire back, insert wire into the bottom and tighten the corresponding allen set screw on top. I have three Exile amps they are all that way. Nothing else needed.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-29-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Ok, thanks.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-29-2011, 11:36 PM Reply   
Tommy - It's never naive to ask questions. This place has many knowledgeable people that are always willing to help.

If you look at the photos you posted carefully, You'll see on the Input side (top diagram) uses RCA style cables to connect the audio signal to the amplifier inputs. On this 4 channel model, it accepts inputs for front and rear separately. If your deck does not have two pair of outputs, you can use the config switch to drive the amplifier from one set of rca's.

On the output side (lower picture), you just strip the cable back and insert directly into the barrier style connector. There is no need for banana style connectors.

It should be noted, that if you intend to use this amplifier in 2 channel mode (to drive 1 pair of Exile tower speakers), you will need utilize a different RCA connection approach. This info can be found on our website under downloads section.

Let us know if this clears things up for you.

Cheers!

-Brian
Exile Audio