Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-29-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
*EDIT* If only I could edit the subject. This is not about the new harpoon gun attachment. Typo should have been speaker which I know you all figured out. :-)

I am considering picking up an instock 2008 Supra 22SSV. The stereo is the fully decked out version that Supra offers that has two amps, subwoofer and 4 tower/speakers light bar. (Package F - Tower Speakers & Light Bar with Sub & 5+2-4 Channel Amp)

Question:
1) Anyone know what the standard two Kicker amps in there are? It states (5+2-4 Channel Amp). I also believe I was told a 5 channel and a 2 channel.

2) With those stock amps, would they be enough to drive a Wetsounds 3-SOME (PRO 485 with a pair of PRO 80's). I believe I heard someone doing that and it was fine. We aren't audiophiles by any means but love the projection of these speakers out 80 or so feet.

3) Anyone know what the stock Supra tower speakers and light bar costS? (This one is the black powder coated one). I may have one up for sale here shortly (brand new). ;-)

(Message edited by Schmo on April 29, 2008)
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-29-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
My first guess is the ZX/MX700.5 and the ZX/MX350.2

I'd recommend a 4 chnl amp for the 3-some anyway. $.02
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
From a pervious post (http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/549758.html)
Stock Cockpit Amp - ZX 750.5
Stock Tower Amp - ZX 250.2

I would probably replace the stock tower amp with a 4 Channel amp like Mike said. Run the Pro 80's each on a seperate channel, then bridge the other 2 channels and run the Pro 485 on that. If you want to stay with Kicker Amps, based on the RMS for the Pro 80 and the 485, i would go with the ZX 850.4