Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Kneeboarding

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
OH YEAH! The season has started... it's time to fly on the knees. Ride Low, GO BIG!!
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
tuneman, are you on Kneeboard-uk.com as well?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yep, that's me.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2003, 1:22 PM Reply   
I go by FacePlant on there and you recently convinced me to get an obrien lowrider to replace an Airageous, actually it was gift for my older bro. He's been riding the thing around the living room waiting for the season to finally get here. Next weekend we are hoping to break that thing in!!! Anyway thanks for the help.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
The pleasure is all mine. Just make sure you tell your bro not to try backrolls off of the couch. That could be painful!
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-15-2003, 5:50 PM Reply   
How is Lowrider anyway? I had one briefly last year before returning it to due to a defect? How does it compare to the Joker and other boards??
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-19-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
It's the best board you can buy IMO. It just cuts harder and launches higher than any board I've ridden. The Joker's wide tail is hard to get used to.

There were some manufacturing problems O'brien had with the Lowrider, but that has been taken care of now. They now have reinforced footman loop screw anchors and the pad has been upgraded to a thicker, less slippery surface.
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-20-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hi, im not into kneeboarding but my brother is. Anyway my parents bought him a hydroslide razorback kneeboard and even after sending it in because it soaked up water in the fin holes it still fills up with water. Well they are looking for a different one to give him. Is hydroslide a bad brand? What is a good board for under 200 bucks? Thanks
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-20-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
In my opinion, the best board for 200 is the Airageous by Obrien. If you look you can usually find last years model for about 150. We've owned three of them and just recently upgraded my bros to a Lowrider. He gets inverted, mid air 360s and can all out make his airageous fly. The rageous is pretty light and the deep spoon shape makes landing it really easy. It has great pop off the water and you can really cut hard on it. Ok I am rambling but you get the point. I've taught a lot of people to kneeboard on it and experienced riders can still tear it up. I really recomend one for almost any skill level.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'll second Blain's opinion. You could also look at an HO Striker. I think they go for around 200 dollars. Both the Striker and Airageous are compression molded boards(fiberglass) which means they'll last a lot longer. They're also thinner for better cutting and jumping.
Old                05-21-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
If you have an academy store where you are you can buy the airageous for 169.95. Excellentall around kneeboard. gets great air for tricks and cuts excellent for slalom. OBrien made a slalom kneeboard several years ago that the Airageous out performs.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
Price is not important - Airageous or Lowrider?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
Lowrider is the best performance board. If you want monster air, this is the one to get.

The Airageous is for less advanced riders who want a little more forgiving board as well as wanting to pay a little less.
Old                06-12-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
i hurt my knee over the winter snowboarding and its still giving me trouble so it hurts quite a bit to do much of anything on a kneeboard, anyone have any suggestions? i'm also working on jumping over the wake, but i just cant seem to get all the way over. i could use a couple tips
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       06-12-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
Love em or hate em get your Butt on a sky ski.I have not been able to kneeboard for years because of a bad knee.Sky ski doesnt hurt at all.
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
Joe, a couple people I know with bum knees actually put a slalom buoy or a soft rubber ball bettween their legs and sit on it. It sits you up higher but it keeps your legs from bending too far and takes some of the shock off your body. It's probably hard to do hard core tricks with it but its just a suggestion until your knee gets better.

As for getting over the wake, boat speed is important. If you are too slow then the wake is too wide. If too fast then you won't get good height. I prefer 21-23 mph. Also make sure when you cut, you're not cutting all the way through the wake. If the board is still slightly on it's side when you hit the crest, it'll slice through it instead of hopping over it and you'll lose air.
Old                06-13-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
i'm not sure the buoy thing will work, cuz its any sort of pressure on my knee. it really sucks so bad. i'm probably gonna spend more time on a wakeboard now as a result and just stay off till my knee feels better or i see a doctor
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
I've never known anyone who actually hurt their knees from kneeboarding. It's always been the back. On the other hand, I've heard tons of stories about blown knees from wakeboarding.

just a thought.
Old                06-17-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
yeah, but at least its something i can still do.i dunno, maybe it'll get better in time
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
The green HO joker kneeboard with the Joker holding the dice.How old would this model be???
Thanks for any help
Garry
Old                04-15-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
im trying biger mor difficult tricks and i still cant land em i tryed a brrelrole/front flip type thing that i kind came up with and the almost landed but the rope hooked on my feet what is the eaisest way to keep the rope out of the way when doing suck a thing and if you have any tips on any other tricks i like to hear em
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
Chris, go to http://www.kneeboardplanet.com to find a bunch of trick tips and instruction.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2004, 6:12 AM Reply   
Hey tuneman! Nice to hear from you again.

Don't count out the Hydroslide Kaos. It is a proven design that is a love it or hate it type. It gets great air but is very wide at the nose and tail. It is a bit different to ride. Check out the Air Assualt video and you can see what can be done on one.

I am a Hydroslide dealer and will be riding a Kaos in INT competition this year. I sell the Kaos for $189 plus shipping (typically $15 or so, depending upon zip code).
Old                09-06-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
i know that the hydroslide kaos is an awesome board but i want something a little cheaper is the hydroslide phantom any good? or i need to know any good boards
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2004, 5:27 AM Reply   
I'll send you a Kaos for $180 plus actual shipping.

rider@boarditup.com
Old                09-08-2004, 5:34 PM Reply   
is it new or used?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Brand new in box. I am a dealer.

I also ride this model in competition.
Old                09-13-2004, 5:29 PM Reply   
Hia!Im going this weekend with my boat...14 ft aluminum hall with a 40.DONT MAKE FUN OF ME!!!!!!!!!!Wel,tomorrow,Im going get me some speakers and hook up my radio in my boat.Im gonna do an exsperement;can I focus with ICP playing from the boat?Best bets:Ill be in Shagri-La when I land.
Old                09-14-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
ok ill get the money together then get back to you ok?