Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       03-28-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Whats the point in leaving the bright gold sticker on the bill of the hats? I see people do this all the time? Whats the point of it?
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-28-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
I think that stupidity is the point. The same point as sagging your pants so your ass hangs out.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
Keeping that sticker on your hat (let alone straight brim hats) are.....

Old    9Drozd            03-28-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Ive been told by a marketing professional that the reason is because when a professional sports team wins the world series, Superbowl, national championship, that the hats given out to the athletes and then interviewed on camera are the reason they leave them on. To preserve the new sort of speak. While on camera the athletes have a brand new hat on with all the stickers and tags. I dont get it or like the stickers either but I do like the flat bill look.

On a side note, ive seen people leave tags on really expensive jeans and wear them for a week or so, then return it.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-28-2012, 8:43 AM Reply   
The only reason I have heard that makes any sense to me is that they are left on so that when you take it off you touch the sticker as to not get any dirt/grease from your fingers onto the bill. Still, I wouldnt do it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-28-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
I'm not a fan of straight brim hats either....but this could be more for the fact that they don't look right on me. The part that gets me more annoyed is companies even like Ronix/Radar and Hyperlite only make some styles in straight brim. I only say this cause I wanted to buy a Radar hat at the boat show but it looked absolutely stupid on me being a straight brim.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            03-28-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
I'm not a fan of straight brim hats either....but this could be more for the fact that they don't look right on me. The part that gets me more annoyed is companies even like Ronix/Radar and Hyperlite only make some styles in straight brim. I only say this cause I wanted to buy a Radar hat at the boat show but it looked absolutely stupid on me being a straight brim.
Haha was thinking the same thing this past week w/ a radar hat. Its not just flat brim but the damn brim is angled up too!! Was a sick hat until I put it on and looked like Wesley Snipes in White man cant jump!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
www.flatbiller.com
What's funny is the Flat billers are among us. Im sure Many W/W's are of this World, Tattoo, Basket Ball jearsy, Tall black socks, Lifted Truck Mafia,
"THE BRO NATION"
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
Rocking the Murderd out Wrapped (insert your brand) wakeboat with AK47's brass Nuckels and Skulls and Old English font logo's.

Hey Guys: Gangstas and Wakeboarding some how don't mix. Gangstas are supposed to be from the hood Husseling out a living by working the street's Looking tough so people don't try and bumb rush you.

Whats funny is many of the same people are the ones to call others Posers LOL
Attached Images

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-28-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
Minnie Pearl was rocking the price tag on the hat before it was cool.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-29-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Rocking the Murderd out Wrapped (insert your brand) wakeboat with AK47's brass Nuckels and Skulls and Old English font logo's.

Hey Guys: Gangstas and Wakeboarding some how don't mix. Gangstas are supposed to be from the hood Husseling out a living by working the street's Looking tough so people don't try and bumb rush you.

Whats funny is many of the same people are the ones to call others Posers LOL
So true.