Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-20-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
Come on guys, it is a beautiful day!!! 80 degrees and the river opened yesterday @4:00pm. So i know there has to b some1 out riding 2day. I have to drive 45 minutes to get up to the algonquin/cary area, but i will throw $ 4 gas or will teach any1 inverts or spins. I rode off of a loaded x-star yesterday and I am looking to progress and throw down some crazy stuff if a sick boat is available to shred or slaysh off. Post this thread please or just simply call at (630)606-8512. thanx, some1 please help!!!!
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-20-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
this never works, i also put this post on find a thirs/b a third. This is what sucks about the midwest! some1, any1 out there!please!!!!!
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-20-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
Tom I hear you bro, I am dying to get out but MC still has my boat!!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-20-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
Tom, why don't yyou try some of the "local" sites.... soulriders.com & midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-20-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
b/c i registered with soulriders and the administrator never activated me. And i have checked both sites and there is nothing going on. unfortunately i do not have a pro wakeboard boat. I do with what i have, but i know my potential is great. It is so much easier to throw down on big wake boats (big spins and inverts).
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-20-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
You mean 'dollars for gas' not '$4 of gas' right?
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-20-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
yup
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-20-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
I'm in central Illinois. I'd like to get out and ride, but i have so much to do before I can get out on the water. Plus, the coast guard closed the river in our area for memorial day weekend because of flooding. NO launch ramps available anywhere! it sucks. I hear ya though.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-21-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
>>unfortunately i do not have a pro wakeboard boat<< Whats that got to do with anything??
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
why even wakeboard if you dont have a pro wakeboard boat?

LOLZ.
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-22-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
some people have the money to buy these luxury items. I dont and i am always looking to progress in the sport. that is what it has to do with everything. If u r cool w/just riding to have fun that is cool, i guess. but after a certain point u want to learn new inverts and spins progressing the sport instead of being content w/the same old maneuvers u usually do. I do not get any better when i go up to my lakehouse and ride off of my malibu response. I know people who possess nice wakeboarding boats and i love to go and ride with them whenever i get a chance, unfotunately it has been tough this year for some reason or another
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-22-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
Tom most of the people who have the money to buy these "luxury items" don't have the luxury of being 23. Most of us are older and enjoy riding but aren't in it to "progress the sport". Chances are if you aren't pro already at 23 you're not going to be so you might as well concentrate on getting a job which allows you to afford to buy a nice boat.
No offense but you come off a little arrogant in your posts. I like riding with new people but I don't care for people who are full of themselves. If you are a good rider let your riding speak for itself, you don't need to tell people how good you are, they will see. Be humble and respectful. None of the pro riders I have ever met talk about how good they are, they just go out and kill it. I have never met you so I may be off base here but I am just basing this on your posts. I truly don't mean to offend. Just some advice to help you get pulls.
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       05-22-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Maybe invite someone with a pro boat up your lakehouse?
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-22-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
Tom, I am picking up my boat tonight or first thing tomorrow. As I said before Delavan gets busy during the weekends but you ever want a pull during the week just let me know, I will trade pulls for tips on some new tricks. PM if you are around this weekend or next week.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-22-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
well i ride behind a malibu response, sack the of it, and ride every weekend and progress. you can progress behind almost anything if you put your mind to it, theres always something you can get better at.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-26-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
>>. I dont and i am always looking to progress in the sport. that is what it has to do with everything. If<<

Tom if thats the way you feel, you are really missing on what the sport is about.

I have an '88 Supra Comp and you know what, I have a few buddies that are VERY good and they can throw everything behind MY boat that they can behind "pro boats".... Its all about loading the line more then the size of the wake.... maybe work on your fundamentals first...

I suppose since I don't have a "pro boat" you won't want to come ride with me.... If you ever get it straight, I would be willing to take you out for a pull
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-26-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
that cool forrest? im good on the pull 4 sure. If u want 2 know anything bout fundamentals, u r free to come to me. i do not charge too much. I taught mostly fundamentals along with some more advanced inverts and spins all last summer down @the Texas Ski Ranch. And if u want cable lessons let me know.
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-26-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
sbt3, i said i think i have potential???? so i am confused as how that makes me arrogant or full of myself? think about it man...... im not sure if it is your place to tell me i need to get a job to b able to afford a nice boat, but thanx?? and yea u can go huge off a response if u sack it out and rail into the wake. But i find it more convienant to use a more controlled progressive edge when riding allowing the wake to do some of the work. It makes inverts easier to grab. Spins are a lot easier as well, easier to stay on axis.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
I don't even know why I bother.....but here goes anyway. Take the time to READ your posts. Here is a quote that sounds rather arrogant to me, maybe I'm misunderstanding though "If u want 2 know anything bout fundamentals, u r free to come to me. i do not charge too much" I don't know but that strikes me as an arrogant comment. I don't think you really intended it as a genuine offer more of a stab back at Forrest for his comments.

I agree.... sorry, it's not my place to tell you to get a good job and buy a nice boat but it's a sure fire way to get to ride behind one all the time I've got access to about 4 of them so I was just sharing how people I know are able to ride behind those boats on a regular basis.
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-27-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
Wes, do you know when the CG plans on opening the river? I really want to get out this weekend and don't want to drive north to Lacon or to Clinton unless I have to.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-27-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
Justin, we need to get out and ride soon. What about Friday?
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-27-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
I'd be all in for a ride. I have not heard a thing about the river being open yet. I've only seen barge traffic lately. As far as I know, It's open up north. I would like to convince my dad to make the drive. We still don't know if our boat runs though. We had trouble in the winter, and hopefully it's not broken.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Tom Jack Knotek-
If you're looking for pulls in that area you should check out the local comps and free ride nights put on by the local dealerships and make friends with other riders.

Bring your spins and inverts that you've spent time teaching at TSR and put them to the test with other riders THIS WEEKEND in Mundelein, IL on Diamond Lake. The boat will be as pro as it gets. Let me know if you want more details, or check the events section on this site.

Progress the sport by supporting the shops that put on these type of grass roots events.

Lastly, get out and meet other riders....if you have skills and are fun to hang with, you will have no problem getting invited out on others boats.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-27-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
sbt - yeah, I kinda took it as a stab as well... guess since I only own an 88 Supra, I got no skills.... but water off a ducks back....

naw - >>Lastly, get out and meet other riders....if you have skills and are fun to hang with, you will have no problem getting invited out on others boats<< hit the nail on the head.... even if you got NO skills & are fun to hang out with, you will be invited back.... people with little to no skills feed of those with the skills...

BTW, I said skills way to much in this post,...
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Tom Jack Knotek

NAW is absolutely right. There are plenty of local shops in the area that do ride nights EVERY WEEK! Im leaving the shop right now to go load up the new Axis and start pulling people.

Check out;
Munson Ski and Marine
Chicago MasterCraft
Chicago Sea Ray (Ultimate Wake)

Support your local shops and get out and ride!