Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
ok, so i bought an 1982 Ski Nautique 2001. I took it to the lake today and it was running great, cranks up everytime very easily. I rode it around for about an hour, and when coming back in when i switched it to neutral it makes this grinding noise, exactly the sound of grinding gears in a standard truck. It only makes this noise in neutral, not forward or reverse. Anybody have this problem or know where i need to start?
Old    K.B.C.            08-25-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
not sure, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. If you haven't been already you should check out correctcraftfan.com. Lots of good info on the older CCs
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
If you pull the dipstick on the transmission does the oil look like bass boat paint? ie metal pieces. Do you feel any any vibration felt throughout the boat?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-25-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
Go ask the same questions at correctcraftfan.com. Those guys know more information than correct craft themselves. One guy on here called Correct Craft with a question, and they told him to ask the people on ccfan.com (It was about an older 1960s boat).
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2007, 9:36 PM Reply   
ok, i just posted on ccfan.com and no, i am using synthetic oil, but no it is just a noise, no vibration at all.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-26-2007, 12:40 AM Reply   
I know you said EXACTLY like grinding standard gears in a car but.... does it sounds like a popping, gurgling engine noise or like actual gears grinding? Just asking, there are a lot of funny noises that inboards make;) They are all built like tanks compared to IO's, usually it's something simple.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-26-2007, 4:07 AM Reply   
Leo is your best bet Brandon. He knows the 2001 in and out...literally.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
nope, no gurgling or popping, it is exactly like grinding. The guys at correct craft told me to replace my damper plate. Will do that and see how it turns out.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-26-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
brandon-- good chance your shaft is out of alignment..motor mounts could have loosened and isnt true..or it could be your a tranny problem..go over to ccfan and ask eric lavine..know eric personally and is a tranny /nautique guru..owns his own shop about 20 min from me..hope this helps