Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (italianboy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-14-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
I got to ride behind the 06 X Star this weekend. I have to say I do like the new graphics on all the boats I am still a little iffy on the graffiti on the Star. We'll soon see how many boat manu. follow MC.

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
I like that color combo better than the red and white one. I did like the blue one at the double-up del noche too. I think it really has to do with the colors being used as to how good it looks.

Eric
Old     (italianboy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
Deff they called this one the Halloween Edition
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-15-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
i loved the black and white one at double up del noche.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
I must be getting old, 'cause I just don't get it. When i saw the first post with the new graphics, i honestly thought somebody was just f'ing around with photoshop. Unfortunately not. So, pay $70k for a boat that looks as though it was tagged? Yeah, right.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-15-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
I think it looks cool. At least MC is doing something different. not tribal or flames.
I think it would look a little more balanced with something up toward the bow though.
Old    willythewakerat            09-15-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
Please!!! Those graphics belong on an 80's skateboard....not on a Mastercraft. I'll take the most flaming tribal job on my boat over that.
Old    zboomer            09-15-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Uhh, no kidding. I know everyone loves to bash tribal and flames nowdays, but give me a break, these new MC schemes suck hard. Ugliest wake boats ever. Not even OK, just totally lame.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
Atleast you can tell there 06's and not 01, 02, 03, 04, 05's...
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-15-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
Boomer u suck hard.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
jared, you're just angy because he has a better taste in boats than you.

(Message edited by madchild1 on September 15, 2005)
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-15-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
Although I haven't seen the new X-Star in person, I personally think it is a cleaner look than previous years' boats with the huge X sticker on the side of the boat. I think these graphics are in the gel coat, giving it a cleaner look and will eliminate torn up stickers from docking.

As for their other '06 boats, I love the X2 graphics and the rest of the boats that have the solid hull with a contrasting vertical stripe/stern. I think these are the best looking boats on the market now, and I'm normally a Malibu guy.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-15-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
I think the new graphics were needed its getting hard to tell one manufacture from another .The X Star graphics are well done .Joe
Old    stillstandin            09-15-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
Everyone has their opinion.. Mine is that is one ugly boat. I liked last years. That is just nasty
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-16-2005, 5:04 AM Reply   
Tommy G, I agree completely. I actually thought someone was messing with photoshop the first time I saw it too.

I agree with getting rid of the tribal stuff, but this is a total step backward. It just looks stupid, imo.
Old     (italianboy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-16-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
I think MC tried to get as far away as possible from what used to be. If these boats take, you will start to see many boat manu. follow MC. They tried somthing different and they are probably the biggest Ski/Wakeboard boat manu. in the world right now so they have the rain to do that. There is no doubt that youll know a new MC on the water when you see one.
Old    zboomer            09-16-2005, 5:58 AM Reply   
Lol Jared, whatever dude.
Old     (openwydr)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-16-2005, 6:07 AM Reply   
Big question.... would you turn down a chance to ride behind because of the graphics?
Old    zboomer            09-16-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
Not if the ride was free.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-16-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
Whether that boat looks good or not is not the issue. I think the problem is associated with the fact that those graphics are integrated into the gel coat. Let's hope they are timeless because if they are faddish, then you will be stuck with a boat that everyone hates the look of in 5 years. With decals, it doesnt matter if you are chasing a fad because you can change them at your whim...
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-16-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
so anyways enough talk about the graphics, there ugly nuff said. lets get to thr real important details. how was the ride chris. is the wake huge. is it the really the best boat out there.
by the way, the new mailibus are the best looking and best boats out there, my opinion of course
Old     (italianboy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-16-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
Ive rode behind an 03, 05 and now the 06 and I can say nothin compares to an X Star wake. The first time I rode behind one I couldnt get over how huge it was. It has truly evolved the sport. I think MC is trying to see where they can go with things.
Old     (smewth001)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-16-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
the graphics are still stickers. the back of the boat is gel black but where you see the little orange on the back half are stickers and the black scribbles are stickers also. there is a line where the black gel ends and the black sticker starts. right around the " a " in craft of master craft is where it goes to the black sticker and before that they are orange stickers.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-16-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
'80s NASH Skateboard. Totally hits home.
Old    willythewakerat            09-16-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
I hear you, Matt
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-16-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
I love instigating
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-16-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Just stickers? Hmmm... Maybe I can get it for $69,500 instead of $70K and pick up a can of Rustoleum on the way home...

I'll take no design (i.e. just gelcoat, no stickers) over the grafitti stuff.

There are five other choices for graphics on the X-Star--all more traditional. Folks are definately talking about the new graphics though.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
How does the boat handle? I drove two X-45's (one with the 8.1 and one with the small block), and they were absolutely HORRIBLE to try to turn. Felt as if the power steering was not functional, but it was. Even though we LOVED the rest of the boat, the wife would not even consider it becasue of the difficult steering. I don't blame her, it would wear you out after a day of driving.

I'm not bashing at all, in fact I would PREFER a M/C. Just curious about the handling on the star.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
IMO the X-Star drives better than almost any other big boat out there. I've not yet driven the X-45, but I was amazed by the X-Star. When fully loaded it actually turns better than my much smaller X-2. I also like how little bow rise they get on acceleration.

Back to the graphics. They need to grow on me, but I'm glad MC is finally doing something different. I'm tired of seeing all the boats looking the same. We'll have to re-visit this discussion next year after it has had time to sink in.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-20-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Hey J.

Did you check out the rudder on either of the X45's you drove. Some ot them got spec'd with the wrong rudder, the update should take care of your steering concerns. I know it did on the X-30 I drove.
Old    lunker            09-20-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
Hey Corey,

Mark & Chris here with the new 06 X30. How can we get OUR X30 to turn better? It takes ALOT of muscle to crank the beast around. The old X10 would spin to the stop with a pinky but the new boat takes both hands while standing (slight hyperbole) to get her to turn.

Mark
Old     (andreas)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
Mark,

Ordered my '06 x-30 with hydraulic steering. (option) and it seems to turn great both to the left and the right, Same tension on the steering wheel in either direction. Unlike the X-star which I just recently drove which was a beast to turn to the left and easy to the right.

I have not heard of any rudder issues but would be curious to hear more????

Andreas
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-21-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
For what it's worth....
When I drove the X-45's, the dealer said that Mastercraft had an "updated rudder" for the boats (something about a manufacturing defect leaving the steering shaft slightly off-center), but that their service guys checked, and both boats had the "new" rudders.
Both boats also had hydraulic power steering.
The dealer told me the following week that they had removed and greased the steering shafts and that they turned very easily after that.
It didn't matter to me at that point, I had already purchased another boat, but I am just relaying what the dealer said.