Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 4:23 AM Reply   
I saw a post yesterday somewhere that said Shawn Murray blew out his knee, and another one that said Zane Schwenk did also. Anyone know more?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2004, 6:41 AM Reply   
Tis' the season. That sucks if it's true.
I hate this sport...no, I love it...no, I hate it...no, I really love it.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
I heard Shaun blew it out a day before his camp but didn't hear about zane's.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
I heard that Shaun blew out his knew also.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-21-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that no less an authority than Dave Williams, WakeWorld proprietor, gave the news about Shaun.
Old    r_dub            07-21-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
I read some post that said Shaun did it wakeskating. Supposedly just doing regular wake jump, he landed with his back foot off and front foot on. I have no idea if this is true or not. Just something I read in the wakeskating area.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
My son attended the boarding school last week, and he talked to shawn. According to my son: Swawn did blow his knee, and it was wakeskating.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
I just talked to Zane...

He had surgery yesterday and it sounds like he is in a lot of pain today. He got a new ACL and some trimming done to the meniscus so that will take some time to heal. He's staying positive and going through the tricks in his head as we speak.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
Right on. Let me guess, he did it wakeboarding?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
bummer. At least Shaun and Zane have enough time to rehab before the tour next year.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-22-2004, 4:09 AM Reply   
David D -
No (as Ryan said) he did it wakeskating. In fact Shaun has had very few injuries wakeboarding. Baseball (hand) - bike (elbow?) -Skateboard (wrist), etc.etc. Only his leg (WB) -
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-22-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
"he landed with his back foot off and front foot on"

Ouch, I've done this . . . hyperextension-city. I got away with only minor meniscus damage (no surgery, just PT).
Old    r_dub            07-22-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
That type of fall was my first and only fall on a wakeskate. And it happened within the first 5 minutes of getting up. Pulled a muscle and was done for the weekend. Cant wait to try it again!
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-24-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
I did the same exact thing wakeskating landed with front foot on and back foot off, hyper-extended streched out and acutely tore my ACL, had ACL reconstuction done using a hamstring graft on May 25 04 and now I'm spending 3 days a week chillin with the PT guys at Health South. Good times, good times. Actually tho, I'm prolly the only one, but I LOVE PT, I think it may be because my PT guy is like my hero at the moment but s'all good.