Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old    gotwake123            02-22-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
I ride a Ronix 142 0ne board right now and I was wondering what the closest hyperlite board to it would be.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            02-22-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
How do you like your Ronix One?
Old    gotwake123            02-22-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
I love it but I am trying to get a local Hyperlite sponcership mabe so.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       02-22-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
I have not riden either one of those boards so I can not talk from personal experience. What I can say is that I heard from a pretty reliable source that the Ronix One rides like a Hyperlite Premire. I could be wrong though and if I am can someone please correct me.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-22-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
Ya, I would assume that because the premier is Harf's old model and the One is Harf's new model so I would like to think they are relatively close.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-22-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
guys that were at the ronix booth at the pleasanton boat show said that the one board is basically the next generation of the premeire board.
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-22-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
From looking at my One I would say that the One is a combination of the Hyperlite Drive and Premier.
Old    gotwake123            02-22-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
Ya it kinda has the shape of the drive and the same sizes and rockers thats really what I was looking at but I didnt knonow if it was any good.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
Stick with Ronix one. None of hyperlites boards are as good as the one. The premier is hella slow. The drive doesn't have the same pop as the one.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-22-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
Colin, that was a retarded comment. Sorry, I am going to call you out. Both companies have good boards, and my main board isn't even a Hyperlite, but please keep these sorts of things to yourself next time because people are sick of hearing them.

(Message edited by garret_s on February 22, 2007)
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Garret, I agree with what you are saying. What I mean is that hyperlite doesnt have a board that has the same feel as the one. The premier has the same pop but is slower. The drive is fast but doesnt have the same pop.
Old    justinh            02-23-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
I have ridden all of the Ronix and Most of the Hyperlites over the years. Though it might sound logical since so many Hyperlite staff moved to Ronix. I don't think it is fair to draw too many parallels.

The Ronix boards are different. I have ridden the Premier and the One. They are both great boards, but ride nothing alike. I have always ridden the Premier boards well, but the One did not mix well with my style. On the other hand, I did not ride the Drive well, but I rode the Frontier and bought it.

I hear people compare the Ronix and Hyperlites--I am not sure how many people have actually ridden both.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Ha, ha, this thread is comedy.... You don't go out and look for boards from a different company that rides the same as another. Instead of saying "which board rides like this one", why don't you go out and ride some of their product to see what works for you. A sponsored rider is a representative of a board company. No board company wants to have a rider say "I picked this one because it was most like the one from another board company...." They want someone that knows their product line through and through and can give accurate descriptions of the ride of each board.

Give some thought to that. Good luck with your sponsorship. It's always nice to have someone help you out, but remember that a sponsorship is much like a job. They don't just give product because they think you deserve it. Riders receive product because a company thinks you will represent them in a way that helps them progress as a company. Too many young kids seem to think of a sponsorship as a free ride. It really means that you are an ambassador to the sport for that company.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-23-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
I personally think that anyone looking for a sponsorship should know how to spell sponsorship.......lol. Just kidding.
Old    gotwake123            02-23-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
sorry ya haha Im not a very good speller but ya evan i get what your saying about haveing a sponcer i dont even care if they were to give me a free board or gear i just would like to have the pride to rep. there company
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-23-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
I think Evan is correct and I think the same thing applies to other sports. I have sponsors for racquetball and it can be very much like a job at times. I think most companies who sponsor people can tell who just wants free sh*t and who will actually support and represent the company.
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
am i the only one surprised that someone is already asking this question about Ronix? they've only been out a few months, and even then its only just now getting warm enough to ride.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-24-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Danny went with a much faster board in the One compared to the Premier. Because as his riding progressed he changed his preference. It is a new board from the ground up compared to the premiere. This is per the man himself when he had one of his first prototypes last year at a clinic up here in C-bus.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-24-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
AKA "how we are going to get people to buy this board versus my old Hyperlite Pro Model".
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-24-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
ronix is made in the usa. i think everyone should hop on the band wagon
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
Kalan.....I heard that it was not made in the U.S.A. I am totally with you on buying American made products. But from my research before buying my Frontier. The conclusion was it is made in china....the board itself is. I was surprised to see the ad for Hyperlite Imperial in this buyers guide from wakeboard magazine. It says it is made in the U.S.A. At CWB...I spoke to a rep...he says all their High End boards are made here. But the intermediate and beginner stuff is made in China. But claimed that the craftsmanship of the chinese stuff is really good. I am still pro American. If you worked at my job, you would understand my thoughts. If you find out anything different Kalen, let me know. But I think my final result was directly from Ronix. You can call them...425-222-7547 to verify.