Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (surfaddict)      Join Date: May 2009       05-13-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
Hi everyone, I own a 2007 Mobius LS and I am looking for some help. I bought my boat from our local dealer who has since sold out. The new owners have dropped the line and have basically told me that I can pound sand. I am having trouble getting some warranty work completed. I had spider cracks in my gel coat which were repaired but they failed to put the decals back on my boat. I have emailed Skiers choice and have yet to get a response. I am hoping that someone may be able to tell me who I can take my boat to in the Calgary area to address the remaining issue and any further ones that may arise. I am quite disappointed in the previous dealer as they also spilled oil all over my carpet and now seeing how they are no longer around I am on the hook to fix this as well. I understand that this is not warranty but it sure makes me question what boat I will buy next as this so far has been a very frustrating 2 years with this boat. Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-13-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
You should get some help in the next couple of days here on wakeworld. I am sure Rick Tinker will see this eventually guide you in the right direction. He has helped numerous people out on this site who have not been completely happy.

Skier's Choice should be able to work with you to find a marine mechanic in your area to work on your boat for warranty issues.
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-13-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Call skiers choice. They will help.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-13-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. My own story started out just like yours. And out of frustration, I even did the same thing your doing right now. And I also wonder what boat I'm buying next. But for me, the choice is a very simple one. It's either going to be a Supra, or a Moomba.

You might not believe me right now, but you bought a boat from one of the best companys out there. I can tell you first hand that they will stop at nothing to make sure that your satisfied.
Rick Tinker, and Matt Brown actually gave me their personal phone numbers, so I could talk to them directly about my problems.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if someone gets in contact with you soon. If not, get the number off the web site and call the factory. I'm sure they'll fix you right up.

Good luck buddy, I know what your going through.

Joe
Old     (surfaddict)      Join Date: May 2009       05-13-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, it just gets more and more frustrating after two years of continuous issues. The boat is finally running smoothly now but then this happens, I hope they step up and help not only myself but the thousands of other guys in the same spot as myself here in Calgary. I know there is a dealer in Edmonton but they are about a four hour drive each way so it is not very practical. I guess we will see what happens. Cheers,
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-13-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
Just decals? Do you have the decals?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-13-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
Call Skier's Choice? Right, what a joke! I went by there the other day. I live 6 hours from SC and stopped in to ask a question and try to buy some vinyl to repair something in my boat. They blew me off. "You need to call a dealer". Funny, I called my dealer for other things and they never came through. The reason I was 6 hours from home with my boat was because I was dropping it off at BoatMate to have the trailer rebuilt. BoatMate is next door to SC.

My advice: Just find a dealer. If the closest one doesn't work, try the next one. You're wasting your time with Skier's Choice.
Old     (surfaddict)      Join Date: May 2009       05-13-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
I do not have the decals. I have asked the dealer to order them and they say they cant. I have emailed Skiers Choice and got no response. Bottom line, no one is stepping up to do the right thing. I know that I could go have them made but at the end of the day why should I have to pay for them? They were removed to repair defects and the boat should be returned to how it was bought. I have spent money already fixing things that were broke by the dealer when my boat was in getting other work done and now I am on the hook for the carpet now too. I do not think that it is unreasonable to expect the decals to be replaced. I hope you are wrong about skiers choice.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-13-2009, 9:08 PM Reply   
James, I am a dealer, I will make a couple calls for you and try to get you decals, please e mail me your vin number, your old dealership and I will see what we can do.. We are located in Seattle Wa.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-13-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
I would have to say I've seen Mr. Tinker jump on here and take care of his customers. I think Skiers Choice has been pretty good about stepping up when their dealer bails.... at least from what I've seen on here.

Them and Tige have gotta have some of the best customer service I've ever seen on boats. I've got personal experience of Tige and Charlie Pigeon himself going above and beyond!

I def. think Skiers Choice ranks right up there. Remember, this is from a Tige owner too. Good luck!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-13-2009, 10:32 PM Reply   
Customer service department 1-800-320-2779
Old     (03suprassv)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2009, 3:15 AM Reply   
I had a 98 outback and now have a supra ssv and have never had any problems with skiers choice. I have always delt with Reed Claiborne. He always returned my call the same day. Ask for him when you call. I have his email somewhere. When I find it I will pm it to you.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-14-2009, 5:12 AM Reply   
There is no doubt the dealer will make or break the brand. I had some bad dealings with a few MC dealers it cost MC a sale. There are good dealers out there unfortinetly they may not be the closest. What brand does the previous SC dealer sell now.
As they are blowing you off ask why would ever buy a boat there with service like this.
Customer loyalty has to be earned some dealers
don't understand that.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            05-14-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Skiers Choice will take care of you for sure. They are very stand up. Also, as you can see Kevin at Gonnason is going out of his way and is a totally different dealer. That is typically the response I get from SC and their dealers. Props!!!
Old     (surfaddict)      Join Date: May 2009       05-14-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
I spoke with Kevin this afternoon and am quiet impressed that he is trying to help me out. I sure wish we had a dealer like that in my area. Thanks again Kevin.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-14-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Wish that was the case for me, Diggs.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-14-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
I can speak from experience that Skiers choice is willing to stand behind their products but at the end of the day it is the dealer that needs to be a major part of the decision. It is too bad that your dealer pulled out because they can make things happen.

Good luck
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-14-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
I too can say that Skiers Choice has stood behind their product, even when the purchasing dealer closed down and I was sent to a different dealer.. They have taken care of large issues like a new windshield to a couple of small cracks in the gel coat. So far I'm very pleased with the product and the company.

Good luck. You'll be fine.
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2009, 10:12 PM Reply   
John call the people I have been getting stuff from up around St. Louis, http://www.extremepowersports.com

I guarandamntee they will get you what you need! And as far as customer service at Skiers Choice, don't try to leave messages, just call til someone answers the phone. They helped alot getting that wakeplate gauge fixed.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-14-2009, 10:39 PM Reply   
Call till someone answers..... Funny, I was at their place.
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2009, 10:41 PM Reply   
Just telling you how I got my problems resolved
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-15-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
John, you do realize the factory is not set up to handle retail issues don't you? Not being a smart ass here, just asking. There are channels that you have to work through. In this instance, that would be a SC dealer.

Jman
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-15-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
After I bought the boat, the dealer shorted me on some pieces, and I also lost a couple of the tower bolts. I gave the dealer 4 or 5 tries to get me the parts they owed me, plus pay for the parts that I needed to buy. They never returned my calls. When I actually spoke to the parts people, they said "let me check on that and I'll call you back". That never happened. I was patient, I waited for several weeks, and finally gave up. I called Skier's Choice about 3 times, and finally got soemone there to send me the parts. Shortly after that, I wanted to buy OEM carpet for my stereo install. I called the same worthless dealer who gave me the same crap with no returned phone calls. Nothing. Ended up buying the carpet from a Malibu dealer (2 hours away) I bought my boat from the second closest dealer, and haven't gotten any support from them whatsoever. They're 3 hours from me, and the first closest dealer is 2 hours away. They were pissed because I didn't buy a boat from them. I didn't buy it from them because they had the non-Gravity edition for $10,000 more, and the one I bought was also still shrinkwrapped, as to where the other one was a demo and had scratches. I had some warranty issues also. The 90* elbows on the top of the exhaust manifold were broken when the boat was rigged. I called once again, nothing. Had to fix it myself, and out of my pocket. That's after I had to burn the broken plastic out of the threads in the manifold.

Now tell me, after being patient, never getting return phone calls, never getting support from a dealer or the company, why would I ever consider buying anything that this particular company builds?

I had some issues with my Boatmate trailer. It's at the factory right now being repaired under warranty. I've been in direct contact with them the whole time. The worthless dealer just blew me off.

You guys say "go to another dealer". It does'nt work like that. When I had a Baja that I tried to get some issues resolved on, the local dealer wouldn't even talk to me because I didn't buy the boat from them. The closest Supra dealer is the SAME EXACT WAY!

Mark this down, I won't be owning another Supra again, but my next boat WILL be on a Boat Mate Trailer.

Why would a company do this? Their just getting bad reps. People there have been laid off and they're seriously cutting back just like other manufacturers. Why would they not try to keep people happy? When the guy at SC said that I needed to see a dealer, and KNEW that I was 6 hours from home with a 5,500# boat, all he had to do was say "let me make a phone call to the local dealer here for you"? Set me up with somebody, don't just kick me out the door. I spent almost $60K on a boat, and this is how I get treated? Had I been an impatient in any way, treat me like smile, shake hands, and kiss a$$, even though I'm a paying customer. I believe that patience and being courteous goes a long way.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       05-16-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
John,

My phone number is 865-983-9924 ext 133. my email is rtinker@skierschoice.com. If you have a moment to drop me a note or call, I would really appreciate it. Sounds like we really dropped the ball.

James, We have just about completed setting up the new dealer in Calgary. You can email me as well and I will give you an update. You should have no issues with recieving ongoing service.

Thanks

Rick
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-16-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Emailed Rick. I appreciate your concern.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-16-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Rinkers Boat World and Skiers Choice have always taken good care of us. We could not have asked for any better service from either of them.
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-16-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
+1 on extreme power sports near St. Louis. My Supra was not purchased from them, and they stlll take great care of us.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-16-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
If Rick doesn't help out then I'll probably try them.