Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-28-2008, 11:40 PM Reply   
This is a tuff question regarding limewire and the ps3. I have a memory chip inserted, when I download limewire to it, the memory card doesn't find it. and there's no standard desktop either. or when I try to download things like apple quicktime player, it tells me I need an external storage device. I thought my card would do it but it doesn't seem to work or find it.
This machine is unbelievable. gaming, blueray, internet(on the living room bigscreen, wirelessly), free game trails from the internet downloaded straight to the machine, ipod capable(upload & download music & video), excepts all digital chips/cards including video taken with a digital camera with perfect quality. I have yet to see what else it can do.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
No internet, and no HD-DVD/blueray capability, but the 360 can do all that too.. For cheaper... And it has more games... Done with my war rant. I may get a PS3... but not until I can get one for cheapish... and I'm sick of the 360 and my Wii...

But to your topic at hand, you can install programs onto your PS3? I wouldn't think that you'd be able to download and then run Limewire on a game console, seeing as how it's not a computer. Personally, I just think it makes a little bit more sense to download limewire onto your computer... And then put the download folder onto the memory card and get music like that... Unless there's something I'm missing and you can't do that...
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
360 > PS3

sorry, i had to
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-30-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
i inspired todays poll
Old     (ron1xone)      Join Date: May 2007       01-30-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
360 has an HD DVD player attachment.
360 also has a lot more players playing on Live than Online on PS3.
360>PS3
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-30-2008, 11:27 PM Reply   
I have both, but the 360 is back at Microsoft for three red rings, I want it back.
Old     (heem)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
to get a comprable 360 compared to a ps3 you will have to spend close to $300 more, that is if you want to watch HD movies and play games online, but hey, its only money

and the ps3 has a built in card reader for pics and videos, if that is important to you
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
I just plug my camera into it via the usb cable supplied with it. And Xbox live is ten thousand times more organized than the PS3 online system, courtesy of having the money to actually pay the employees working on it. Jim, you're just jealous that 360 is a superior machine that also happens have more and better games. Sorrrrrrry. Had to do it.
Old     (heem)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-12-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Nick,

Saying the 360 is a superior machine is purley subjective at best, it is your opinion. You have not provide any factual reasons as to why it is superior, other than xbox live is more organized.

There may be more games based strictly on quantity but there is no way to quantify that they are "better", again that is purely subjective and your opinion.

What I provided was factual information based on what comprable systems are retail priced at and what the "live" subscription costs Then, based on what retail pricing is for the "HD DVD" and the wireless adapter add ons makes the $300+/- difference.

I think the HD DVD format is still up in the air but it is heavily leaning to one side. Blu Ray has 5 major studios under its belt compared to HD DVD's 2, as well as Blockbuster and now Netflix have signed exclusive contracts to carry the Blu Ray format. TVPredictions.com has has also stated that Blu Ray has the definite advantage to this point.

I'm sure that the 360 is an outstanding system and I'm sure it has its advantages over the PS3. However, if someone wants an outstanding gaming system along with a built in Blu Ray player, wireless internet (or wired if you want)and free online gaming all bundled into one unit at one cost you cant beat the PS3.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-12-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Dude, was definitely a joke. Now I realize why sarcasm was "banned" on this site... Jeez... Lighten up dude, and I even put a laughing smily after the fact. It seems as though PS3 people (maybe you're not one, I don't know) get really riled up over this debate.

I did state a fact about the PS3's free internet being relatively buggy in comparison to the 360's... That is what I have heard from plenty of people with PS3s. Plus, I actually find Wii to be the best system, solely because it is just fun. If I had the money to blow, I'd get a PS3, but I don't have that money to blow, as I have plenty of stuff to pay off now, as well as a new wakeboard to buy...