Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-01-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
could this be the future? It's been hard enough getting used to the sound of 4strokes vs. 2strokes in MX/SX, but to have it quiet like a library.... no thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T-AzDZt1IcM
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-01-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
So your only objection To it is that it doesn't make NOISE ? I'm sure they could make a helmet for people like that. Bluetooth helmet with speakers that played dirt bike noises. LOL you could turn it up as loud as you wanted and even change the sound of those noisy 4 strokes into 2 strokes!

I see many advantages to a bike that doesn't make any noise. First off I'm sure there is lots of places that could or would open up to electric Only off road. Not having to drive 1-1/2 hrs to drive to a off road track or park to ride would be very nice. I look at how Electric opened up options as far as Rc airplanes you can pretty much fly a Rc airplane anywhere you like. The same can't be said About gas
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
Awesome. That the first non-stupid looking e-bike that I have seen. I think I heard 45 minutes of ride time though, which means it's still worthless for off road riding. Track only. And will a standard generator have you charged back up in time for the next moto?

I want a bike that lasts 4 hours (minimum) for woods riding. I also want a clutch (even though there is no gear box). You still need to be able to take power away from the bike without chopping the throttle, and you still need the snap from the clutch to pop up over downed trees and other obstacles in the woods.

I love the idea of no noise. Especially on the trails.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-09-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
Noise. Man I could do without the noise and it eliminates the objections to bikes. As for the clutch, I would have to ride something with instant torque before I could make that judgement. Love my 2013 350XCF and I got a plate on it.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-09-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
I think the bike looks pretty cool. Definitely looked underpowered, just an observation. They should have hit a bigger jump.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-09-2013, 2:13 PM Reply   
I was going to post a while back when Jarod made the comment about needing a clutch. I figured why bother. Most of the older dirt crowd is pretty set on how things should be done. And I want this mentality. But seeing how Tim hit the mail on the head about Noise. I will add to it.

If you take the noise factor out of the dirt bike equation. I could see more riding opportunities opening up. Yea you can't ride for 10 hrs straight and we know how bitchen and hard core you are and you need this and that and a electric bike won't do this or that. But what if you had a electric dirt bike to moto real close to your home and then your gasser for The state parks and places off the beat and path.

I know some guys that have stealth enduro dirt bikes. Real quite 4 strokes that ride all over the place. Places that they shouldn't be and have been doing it for years but because they don't make noise and tread lightly and go off Hrs they are able to go places with out raising a Eye brow. Yea they ride gas but are looking into the ZERO bikes for stealth missions Like MTB trails.

Back to the subject at hand. We saw this street bike a few weeks back. It has a 6 speed transmission and even a Clutch!
Attached Images

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-09-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
Noise is what gets riding places shutdown. Have you ever noticed why a lot of tracks and off road place are out in the middle of nowhere? Thats always the biggest complaint.

Heres one of my favorite videos that features the Freeride (at about 4:00 in). Every time I watch this video it gets me pumped to ride.

http://youtu.be/8xfpU0yIpG4

By the way, what is the code to embed youtube videos? Its been a while and I forgot how.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       04-09-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
"G" (grant_west)

Back to the subject at hand. We saw this street bike a few weeks back. It has a 6 speed transmission and even a Clutch!
That's a Brammo Empulse. Their headquarters are about 5 miles from my house, they make pretty sweet bikes.