Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-11-2011, 7:54 PM Reply   
I have decided this winter or sooner Im gonna take out the carpet in the boat and replace the carpet on the floor with the Fake teak. Im starting my research NOW. Im not intrested in the Sea Deck style foam stuff. Im looking more in the direction of the thicker hard core stuff like Nu Teak
http://www.nuteak.com/
Has Anyone had any exp with this stuff? Or stuff like it
Thanks
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-11-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
You sure G? I don't think the teak look goes with the tow boat at all, especially with your red interior gel.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-11-2011, 9:58 PM Reply   
I can get same samples and see how it look's But I think the Tan and Red go's well together. Kind of reminds me of the interior of a older Ferrari. Red and Tan.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-11-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
You have exquisite taste so if you think it works, it will work and you will rock it.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-12-2011, 3:49 AM Reply   
The stuff in your second pic sucks out loud. Do not go there. For the hassle and expense why not use the real thing? Good joinery stands on its own.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-12-2011, 4:30 AM Reply   
I know your not interested in the seadeck teak but here is a pic of my swim pad so you can see how it goes with red I think it looks great
Attached Images

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-12-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   
It will look fantastic! Cant wait to see the project progress.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 6:11 AM Reply   
YES!! I think that will look awesome!
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-12-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
Seadeck makes a nice grey teak that I was considering using in my boat to replace the grey carpet. Why don't you like the Seadeck?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-12-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
Grant here's a thread from another forum on the NuTeak, while it's a big boat forum the same issues still apply and answers a lot of questions about this stuff. Personally I think it's a pretty cool idea replacing your carpet with this stuff.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...13-nuteak.html

I would never even consider real teak for flooring just for the maintenance factor alone. Could you imagine sanding and refinishing inside your boat?
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-13-2011, 8:48 AM Reply   
That looks very cool. Question, does it get real hot in the sun - in other words, will it be too hot to walk on?
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-13-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
i dont think it would get too hot, they use this stuff in smaller fishing boats so it has to be somewhat practical. My questions would be staining, fading, would you leave the carpet on the bottom of your seats and do only the floor, its permanent correct?
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-13-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
Go for it. Just curious on why you don't like the Sea Dek? I think it looks and feels awesome. It also holds up very well.

We just order a 210 CE with no carpet or snaps installed. I am doing the Faux Teak SeaDek that is currently used on the non skid areas on Nautiques instead of carpet. The Billabong 230 was done like this and I think it looks incredible. I can't wait to see it in our boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-13-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
Love the idea Grant. I think it will look awesome. MTI likes the idea of a ferrari boat.

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-13-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   

Also, I nice little video about it. 2400hp and only 700k.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFlDZ...ayer_embedded#!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-13-2011, 3:12 PM Reply   
Nuteak is great stuff. I installed it myself on my Dad's Scout boat. It definitely added a huge statement to the boat. Nice on the feet and cleans up easy too. There is another company called dek-king they have some more pre-fab pieces that reduce the amount of custom cutting and shaping.

Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-13-2011, 7:25 PM Reply   
These pics have been posted before but this is very similar to what our 210 will look like...minus the Billabong logos of course.

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-13-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
nautique does not use nu-teak products. It is much softer and like a foam material. Nu-teak is pvc and extremely durable and non-slip, anti fungal etc.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
Greg: and all the other posters thank you for your info:
Greg: just the kind of info and insight im looking for can you tell me more about your install on your dads. Scout. How did you do the margins (the edges) im good with tools ect so how hard was the install for you and how much did u pay fir material
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-13-2011, 9:28 PM Reply   
sorry, i am not going to add anything relevant to your thread, but did anyone see that "ferrari" boat? No keyless/push button ignition... those shiny keys hanging there looks cheap, especially on a $700k boat.

anyhow, I think it will look rad. It is super functional, making the boat easy to clean up, and no more mildew smell carpet!! plus and plus.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-13-2011, 10:17 PM Reply   
The Nuteak link also had a link to another company with a similar product. It does say that it will retain heat and with some colors deck shoes are recommended. I love the look of it but I would check to see if its going to be a problem walking on
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2011, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gti2lo View Post
nautique does not use nu-teak products. It is much softer and like a foam material. Nu-teak is pvc and extremely durable and non-slip, anti fungal etc.
Nautique uses Sea Dek. It is a closed cell EVA non water absorbent material. Very durable and great to walk on. It's quite thick as well so it's shock absorbent similar to carpet. I'll post pictures when I get it installed in our boat.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-14-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
Aaron--will that be an option that Nautique is installing in the factory for you or is it aftermarket?
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_moreton View Post
Aaron--will that be an option that Nautique is installing in the factory for you or is it aftermarket?
Currently, it is not a factory option...but I think that will change if the future. It is being done through our dealer and Sea Dek has CAD drawings of both 210 and 230 layouts from Nautique so it'll be a perfect fit.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-14-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
Can't wait to see it Aaron!
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
You and me both!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-14-2011, 9:17 AM Reply   
I bet its an option very soon, as it seems to be extremely popular.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
To Answer the question about why I was trying to stay away from the Sea Deck. IMO Sea Deck stuff looks and feels great. It seems to be a cheaper alternative than Flexy Teak or Nu Teak with out the Cost and the Labor. It's just My Opinion
and the way I like things to be more custom. The Sea Deck I have a feeling 2 -3 years down the road will be showing signs of wear and tear. We have all seen and used the soft pad's that you stick to your deck and use as a walking surface. They tend to turn hard and fade after a few years also in the heat the sticky back glue tends to loosen and they tend to move out of place showing the glue foot print ect. where the Flexy Teak or Nu Teak will still would tend to look new years down the line.

Now there is a few diffrent ways to have it installed and or do it your self.
No margin's= Straight wall to wall planks or strip's NO BOARDERS. (the cheepest way to do it)
Margins= Where the strips meet the wall there is a boarder strip. (a bit more because of extra work but looks more like real teak)
Doubble Margins= A boarder strip on either side of the plank. (the blinged out way. This is the way most High end boats do it. It highlights hatches and changes in the surface and looks very real)

Gregs boat is a great example of Single margins and looks awesome. I would like to talk with you more about it.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-15-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
I'll go home tonight and upload some progress pics of the install.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
G---
Not trying to change your mind, just give a little anecdotal experience w/ Sea Dek. I have had their "Hot Buttons" (http://www.seadekstore.com/hotbuttons-5mm.aspx) installed on my 2007 CC since I took delivery and now have 350hrs on the boat. I have 8 of them on the tip of the bow surrounding the bow light and lifting ring and another 6 on the gunnels to provide traction when enter/exiting the boat. I also have 7 more along the transom at platform height to protect the gel coat from board dings...these ones are often submerged when at rest.

every one of them looks brand new and shows no wear, nor any sign of adhesion failure. i realize that they havent seen the foot traffic that the interior does, but they have been the best option i have found so far...and they actually look better than i expected....

Last edited by tdc_worm; 09-15-2011 at 2:51 PM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-15-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
TDC; Thanks for the pic's ect. I have the same stuff on the top of my cooler. I just don't see it looking as good as the Flexy teak or Nu teak.
Attached Images

Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2011, 3:23 PM Reply   
no sweat. i wont argue against you on the look. a well cared for, well oiled teak platform is untouchable as far as look is concerned...even though it can lead to teak oil being tracked in to the boat. i was only trying to speak to sea deks durability, hahaha...
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-15-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
I was thinking about doing this on a 1968 Keaton Utility I just picked up as a project. Can't wait to see the progress if you beat me to it.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-15-2011, 5:54 PM Reply   

Last edited by gti2lo; 09-15-2011 at 5:59 PM. Reason: img links
Old     (hypermike)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-15-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
Here's a picture of my factory installed teak floor in an Enzo 230.
Attached Images

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-15-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   

Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-15-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
How hard is it to maintain that real teak on the enzo. It looks so good on the red
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
Hypermike: That's pretty cool a real Teak floor. Tell us more about it? It looks like it could be like snap in carpet and be removed?? That sure would make any refinishing easy'r
Greg. Thanks you for your install pic's. It look's (from You tube Video's) some people are making a construction paper template of the floor. Then building the fake teak floor out of the boat on the ground or a bench. And then installing it in the boat. This seems like a pretty cool way to do it.
How did you do yours and how did you do the curved corners
Old     (hypermike)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-16-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
G, the floor is permanently installed. The center of the floor has a removable section to access the v-drive and fuel tank.

Dustin, I have had the boat for 3 sesoans and haven't had to do a thing to it. The previous owner had some kind of sealer put on it that a lot of the old-time woody boat guys use on their teak. I really do love it, no wet carpet to dry out when I get home or smell, and when your friends spill their drinks it wipes right up.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2011, 6:47 PM Reply   
This is a Pic I took of the floor when I was making a template for some drop in carpets. Im waiting on some samples. Im going to check out "Flexy Teak" and the "Nu Teak" I have some samples on the way.

Looks like Greg used the Nu Teak. I would like to talk to you about your install drop me a e-mail if you dont mind,
Attached Images

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-20-2011, 9:39 PM Reply   
One other consideration... acoustics. The harder products are more reflective from acoustic standpoint so be prepared for some changes in the way your audio system sounds. Carpet is one of the most forgiving acoustic products ever made. If you are going to strip out the factory carpet you might consider adding some acoustic layer under the material you choose. Foam rubber is probably a close second from an acoustics standpoint, Seadek probably has the advantage from an acoustics standpoint. Before you get too far down the path I might suggest you rip up the carpet and take the boat out on the lake for an afternoon with nothing on the raw fiberglass floor. See what it does to the sound before you make a final decision.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
I have been collecting Samples of the diffrent type of flooring out there. Thanks for the Links to the diffrent threads. I found a few diffrent styles/types of Faux Teak
The 2 that I have right now are Dek-King and Yatch Deck.
This is the Dek-King. Its lighter in color. It come's like Purgo floor. It is Tongue and Groove. And you glue and build the floor strip by strip.

This is the Yatch Deck. Its Lighter and softer then the Dek-King. Its also a tad bit thicker. Both have a semi rough finish. Sort of like un-finished teak.

Im waiting on the Nu Teak sample
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-27-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
I really can't wait until you do this. Your boat is an absolute thing of beauty already, with the teak flooring it might be the nicest looking wakeboat on the water.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-27-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
Are you going to use some baseboard or quarter round to finish it out?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
The edge's that your talking about are called Margins. And Yes Im gonna use them IMO they make the install. If you were to just install the flooring with NO Margins it would look pretty Fake, The framing of the corners and hatches make it look more real.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-28-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
Here are some Pic's of a 236 with some Flexi Teak
Attached Images

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-29-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
In those pictures, the flexiteak looks too light. Do they make darker shades? I think that looks like it needs to be oiled!

I much prefer the color of the Billabong boat.

Last edited by wakecumberland; 09-29-2011 at 7:32 AM.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-29-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
oops

Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-29-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
I love the Sea Dek from the Billabong boat. Still waiting for it to come in for our 210. Will post pictures as soon as we get it installed.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-29-2011, 8:21 AM Reply   
Good call on the margins... doesn't look nearly as good on that 236 you posted without them. Looks OK on the swim deck but it looks unfinished on the walkthru and hatches
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-29-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
I really like that Grant. Liek adam said maybe a little darker would look better but in my opinion just a little. I actually think it looks good as is and similar product would look great in your boat.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2011, 8:58 AM Reply   
I have played with the sea deck and it cool but its NOT a long term solution. The stuff looks new for a short time then it turns hard and fades a bit. I also don't like how you can gouge it ect. I do think its a cool option and the boats above look great and Im sure it 1/2 the price. But as far as doing a full custom install, I think we are talking about 2 diffrent products
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-29-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I have played with the sea deck and it cool but its NOT a long term solution. The stuff looks new for a short time then it turns hard and fades a bit. I also don't like how you can gouge it ect. I do think its a cool option and the boats above look great and Im sure it 1/2 the price. But as far as doing a full custom install, I think we are talking about 2 diffrent products
I agree with this as well. That sea deck stuff is cool for certain things but gouges way too easy. I like the idea of a long term solution that is going to look good for years/decades vs something that is going to look faded and gouged.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
Dont get me wrong the Sea Deck is a good solution to a Bare Fiberglass floor. The Kits that they make for the Nautiques all come in pieces and if you mess one up your can remove and re-install the bad section pretty easy. So its a quick and easy way to get "the look" with out breaking the bank
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-29-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
When I think of teak - I immediatly think of the Chris Craft Boats that are Red White and Blue with lots of teak accents.

What are they using?
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-29-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
When I think of teak - I immediatly think of the Chris Craft Boats that are Red White and Blue with lots of teak accents.

What are they using?
SeaDek. I saw one in person up at a marina in Lake George, NY. Also, SeaDek Faux Teak hasn't been around that long as far as I know. I don't see how it would fade any different than anything else over long periods of time. I keep my boats indoors so fading isn't a concern for me.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-29-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarond0083 View Post
SeaDek. I saw one in person up at a marina in Lake George, NY. Also, SeaDek Faux Teak hasn't been around that long as far as I know. I don't see how it would fade any different than anything else over long periods of time. I keep my boats indoors so fading isn't a concern for me.
Are you sure? There's a Chris Craft Lancer 20 moored near my houseboat that has real teak accents and snap in carpet. The Chris Craft website indicates teak options, including sole, but nothing about SeaDek. Guessing it is not an OEM option.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-29-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
Are you sure? There's a Chris Craft Lancer 20 moored near my houseboat that has real teak accents and snap in carpet. The Chris Craft website indicates teak options, including sole, but nothing about SeaDek. Guessing it is not an OEM option.
It was just on the rear so it's very possible it wasn't OEM. This was a 24' I/O if I remember correctly and I am positive it was SeaDek because I put my hands on it.

Edit: Found a picture I snapped with my iPhone.

Last edited by aarond0083; 09-29-2011 at 2:14 PM. Reason: Add picture.
Old    Haugy            10-05-2011, 2:46 PM Reply   
Grant, how do you do the "Margins"? Get those turns and corners? Is each corner cut out and then glued/fastened to the main strips? I'm thinking about this route as well as I have an old School Supra with Teak side boards, engine hatch access box, etc. I picked up this Supra this year, and it's carpet is trashed. So I'm trying to figure out something different to really make it a classy girl.

Keep us posted on what you decide and why. You're one of the few informative writers out there that I trust in terms of judgement, style, and class.

What I'm thinking about putting it in.

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
Hey I got a quote to do the Floor in my boat. This is how it would go. I would take everything out of my boat. Remove All the carpet and make a nice clean surface.
I would make a template of my floor using construction paper. I would send the template to the FlexiTeak guy, He would make the floor from my template.
He would ship me the floor in a roll. I would roll out the floor and glue it down into my boat. Now keep in mind Margins. Margins can bring up the cost of the job almost by 1/2. The FlexiTeak dealer after seeing my floor plan said he would NOT use margins because it would or Does make the lay out look smaller.
So with that said any Idea what somthing like this is gonna cost?? I do ! Any guesses?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2011, 6:57 PM Reply   
2K?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2011, 9:23 PM Reply   
$600
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-06-2011, 5:35 AM Reply   
2500 with no margins..
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-06-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
Johnny: im guessing u were joking LOL
Brett; your right on.

Keep in mind Flexiteak dealer is doing 90% of the work. Im tying to not be acheep a$$ but I dont wanna spend that much money on this project. I have a few other projects that i could get going with that $2500, Im not saying its not worth the $2500.
Mabey ill look into the cheeper DIY NuTeak.
This way mabey i can save some money doing the building of the floor myself
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-06-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
For $2500 I would be looking for real wood(or solid gold maybe). How many total square feet are we talking about? 15-20? We had a friend with engineered bamboo floors in his centurion and it looked very cool.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-06-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kybool View Post
For $2500 I would be looking for real wood(or solid gold maybe). How many total square feet are we talking about? 15-20? We had a friend with engineered bamboo floors in his centurion and it looked very cool.
For $2500 you could do real teak with margins. Do you have any pictures of the engineered bamboo floors? Guessing those would get fairly slick.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-06-2011, 3:56 PM Reply   
Lest just say "Real Teak" was cheaper than this stuff I still would not want it. The Maint on my teak swim deck is enough. The thickness that Real teak would add to my floor would be another detractor. Plus can you imagin sanding Teak on the inside of your boat? NO THANK's
Norcalrider. I don't know where you are getting Teak prices but the last time I bought some 2 years ago the stuff was threw the ROOF $$$ I think your seriously off base with your estamate but that's not important cause I wouldn't want it anyway's

I don't want to mess with anything other than a synthetic teak where you wouldn't have the maint
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-06-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
So have you ruled out the yacht deck and deck king? I liked the look of those two and figured with your skill set you would lean that direction. For my benefit did you do a materials cost projection of the the two? I would really like to know.
Thanks.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-06-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
This is the template I made of my floor for the DROP in Carpets. I just used it to get some numbers as far as square footage. From this template is where the $2500 price came from.

A few things. Yatch Deck sell's FlexiTeak. FlexiTeak make's and sells "Nu Teak". Nu Teak is more of a DIY type of product. I was told the Nu Teak was better for small projects ect. "The reason". Nu Teak is made from strips. Each strip is glued to one another and then the compleated floors is glued down. Where the Flexiteak is made from larger strips and then Heat Bonded to each other. This make for a tighter seem where the strips come together. I was told story's of where the NuTeak come apart or open at the seems ect. I havent got a price on the Nu Teak or a Sample of it as of Yett, But I would like to see the cost diff between the 2
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-07-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
I don't think they are doing the majority of the work to be honest.. You have to rip out your carpet, put together a template (that has to be pretty exact), and then install this stuff yourself. What kind a warranty is offered? I could see spending the $2,500+ if you dropped your boat off and let them do the whole process. What's the total square footage of the area to be covered? Somebody needs to photoshop the fake teak on that template Grant made and see if we cant talk him into this! ha
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-07-2011, 11:55 AM Reply   
G, wouldn't want to argue with you, as I have great appreciation for your projects, and agree that teak would require more maintenance (though not as much as a teak platform). The install and sanding would be pretty messy. My estimations are based on teak decking prices which could be used for this application though if I were to do this I would probably use 1/4"-3/8" lumber if I could find it but found a price recently online (I understand the variability in pricing based on mill, quality, and size) and was basing my comments on those prices. Maybe I'm an idiot and my math is all wrong. Check it out.

Rough math:
100"W X 144"L
12' teak 1"X6" decking boards = round up to 19 boards = ~$610
144"W X 144L"
12' teak 1"X6" decking boards = round up to 27 boards = ~$865

I totally understand the aversion to going this direction and am not disputing that, but barring any mistake in my quick math I think the numbers are close based on the prices I've seen recently. That being said you can stay under $2500 if you can find teak decking under ~$8/linear foot by my big estimate and the lower estimate ~$11/linear foot.

If the only difference on the fake teak is a heat seal you might take the sample down to you local tarp company and see what they can do. Most of those have Radio Frequency Heat Sealing or High Frequency Welding Equipment for manufacturing tarps and maybe that could work for this application?

I look forward to seeing what you do here.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-04-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
Grant, did you ever start your fake teak project? Looking forward to seeing your process.

I had SeaDek put in our 2012 210 and from the pictures my dealer sent me it turned out great. I still haven't made a trip down to see it.