Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-17-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Well it's about that time to start getting busy on the rig again. I wanted to get some input on upgrades for this year. So far this is my list:

New speedometer and tach- (Faria since thats what I'm limited to for my boat)
LED rings for my 485s
LED cupholder rings- (9)
LED trailer lights
New prop
Tower mounted mirror
new trailer jack

I'm not sure what prop to run..

stock ballast: 820#
sac ballast: 400+400+1000= 1800#

total ballast weight = 2,620#

Any help/ ideas on what kind or where to find these things would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-17-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
for sure go with the fulton jack I believe its the f-2
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-18-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
I found a tower mirror from http://onlyinboards.com/AccessorySho...r-Mirrors.aspx. I got the Samson three lens although even with the adjustable lens I can not see around my board racks on the driver side . There are a few to choose from. I would also suggest getting the quick release so you can take it down while towing.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-18-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Do you have the GT40? I have the ACME 1236 on my SAN with the GT40 and run anywhere from 2500-3500lbs. I really like the prop.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-30-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
Seth- Yes, I have the GT-40. Are you noticing a big drop in top end MPH with the Acme 1236?

Also, I'm planning on making a "cargo style bimini" and haven't found much luck finding any help online. If anyone has any tips/pics/ advice on building one of these i'd appreciate it!

I know trailer runway lights have been discussed on WW before, but has anyone got anything new out or seen any different ways of lighting the trailer bunks up for loading at night?